Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > Cosas técnicas
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Attaching spanish subtitles

Problemas técnicas con el uso de este sitio y el aprendizaje de idiomas en general.

Herramientas Desplegado
Prev Mensaje Previo   Próximo Mensaje Next
Antiguo January 10, 2010, 09:36 AM
tacuba tacuba no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: English (USA)
tacuba is on a distinguished road
Attaching spanish subtitles

I have quite a few movies on DVD that are Spanish language with English subtitles. Usually I turn off the English subtitles because I don't want to associate the Spanish spoken in the movie with the English words appearing on the screen. However, there are several movies where I had always wished there were Spanish subtitles so I could associate the spoken Spanish with Spanish vocabulary. I found out this week how to do this.

First, download and install two free programs: VLC Media Player and Bitripper.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/M...bitRipper.html

Now put your DVD into the computer and open Bitripper. The program should see the DVD in your computer. Before you start ripping the DVD, go to "Settings" and at the top you'll see a menu under "Video" that says "Codec". Choose "Xvid-Mpeg-4 codec". Click OK and start ripping. This will create an AVI file on your computer. When the ripping is done (about 30-45 minutes) go to the folder with the AVI file and rename it to the movie title. So you end up with, for example, La Misma Luna.avi.

Next, you will need to download the subtitles. I use this site: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en
Enter the movie title in the Search Box, pick Spanish from the drop-down menu, and if the file is available, download it to the same directory as your AVI movie file. This file should have an .srt or .sub extension. Rename the file to the exact name of your movie, ex: La Misma Luna.srt

Now open your AVI movie with the VLC Media Player. Go to the "Video" menu on the VLC player and choose "Subtitles Track", then choose "Open File". Load your subtitle file and you're ready to go.

Some of the movies I've done this with are: "La Misma Luna"; "María Llena de Gracia"; "Sin Nombre"; and "Rudo y Cursi".

For you Spanish speakers learning English, the exact same process will apply, but using English subs with English movies.

Enjoy.

Última edición por tacuba fecha: January 10, 2010 a las 11:17 AM
Responder Con Cita

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación