Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework

Any native-English speaker willing to correct my essays in exchange for me correcting

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old January 31, 2013, 08:35 PM
Opal

Native Language: Spanish
Mati24 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Any native-English speaker willing to correct my essays in exchange for me correcting

...their essays in Spanish?

Here's the deal: I'm planning to take the SAT exam this year. As you probably know, it's a super-difficult exam, so I need to practise A LOT. I especially need to improve my essays, but if I do them and nobody corrects them then it's the same as if I hadn't done them

Although there are many helpful people here, I can't really put up an essay here everyday to the whole forum in exchange for nothing... so I had an idea. Since Spanish is my mother-tongue, I thought maybe I could help a native English speaker with spanish essays, and they could do the same for me.

What do you think?

I need someone to count on for the rest of the year (I'm planning to take my SAT around December, hopefully ) and that someone can count on me all the time too.

I look forward to finding a language buddy soon !

Cheers!

Last edited by Mati24; February 01, 2013 at 06:40 AM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 31, 2013, 09:52 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mati24 View Post
... As you probably know, it's a super-difficult exam, so I need to practice A LOT. I especially need to improve my essays, but if I post them and nobody corrects them then it's the same as if I hadn't done it

... Since Spanish is my mother-tongue, I thought maybe I could help a native English speaker with Spanish essays, and they could do the same for me.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you can find someone willing to do this.
Old February 01, 2013, 06:33 AM
Opal

Native Language: Spanish
Mati24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Welcome to the forums! I hope you can find someone willing to do this.
LOL thank you for the correction, I don't know what happened to me in that paragraph. Editing now
Old February 03, 2013, 09:52 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
Carrot is on a distinguished road
Hi Mati
I have a proposal for you. I really want to improve my Spanish and find reading a good way of learning. If you send me your essays, I will happily correct them IF you also send them in Spanish. That way I can correct yours and understand the meaning first in English, then I can try and read the Spanish. This will help me to understand the layout of how things are written in Spanish. I used to have a Spanish penpal and he always wrote to me in Spanish. I spent ages trying to decipher what he had written but I learnt a lot more doing that than by any other means
Let me know if you'd like to give this a shot.
Carrot
Old May 30, 2013, 09:32 AM
Opal

Fran is on a distinguished road
Essays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
Hi Mati
I have a proposal for you. I really want to improve my Spanish and find reading a good way of learning. If you send me your essays, I will happily correct them IF you also send them in Spanish. That way I can correct yours and understand the meaning first in English, then I can try and read the Spanish. This will help me to understand the layout of how things are written in Spanish. I used to have a Spanish penpal and he always wrote to me in Spanish. I spent ages trying to decipher what he had written but I learnt a lot more doing that than by any other means
Let me know if you'd like to give this a shot.
Carrot

Hello. I am very interested in finding some English-native speaker who could have a look at my essays. In return I could help you with your Spanish, since I have some experience teaching Spanish to some foreign people. Therefore, whatever you need from my side concerning Spanish I am willing to do it. Are you still interested?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Fran-.
Old May 31, 2013, 08:15 AM
Opal

Native Language: ingles
El Extranjero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
Hello. I am very interested in finding some English-speaking natives who could have a look at my essays. In return I could help you with your Spanish, since I have some experience teaching Spanish to some foreign people. Therefore, whatever you need from my side concerning Spanish I am willing to do it. Are you still interested?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Fran-.
That's how i would have said it but I'm no English grammar genius, i can help you Fran, i need to improve my Spanish
Old June 04, 2013, 11:37 AM
Opal

Fran is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Extranjero View Post
That's how i would have said it but I'm no English grammar genius, i can help you Fran, i need to improve my Spanish
oh great! I think we can help each other a lot.

Last edited by Rusty; January 09, 2014 at 09:02 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: