Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Vocabulary
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Spanish to english translation

Ask about definitions or translations for Spanish or English words.

Old August 19, 2009, 06:37 PM
Opal

hermioni.arni is on a distinguished road
Spanish to english translation

can anybody trasnlate this to english for me please:

"Hard est juste un mot. Il n'y a pas si nous essayons. Soyez maître de votre temps et vous pouvez trouver sans difficulté de l'époque."

"semble que vous poursuivre. Je suis heureux de savoir que vos toujours heureux. Prenez soin de toujours."

thanks a lot!

Last edited by hermioni.arni; August 19, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old August 19, 2009, 06:44 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
This is French, not Spanish.

Here's the machine translation, however bad it may be:

Hard is just a word. There is no if we try. Take control of your time and you can easily find the time. Seems you continue. I am happy to know that you're always happy. Take care always.

Wait for someone who speaks French. They'll give you a better translation.
Old August 19, 2009, 06:46 PM
Opal

hermioni.arni is on a distinguished road
shocks!

thanks a lot rusty!

have a good day!
Old August 19, 2009, 07:51 PM
Pearl

Native Language: American English
Chris is on a distinguished road
Bien! Maybe I am learning something because I didn't think it was Spanish either.
Old August 19, 2009, 08:03 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: Dutch
EmpanadaRica is on a distinguished road
Well I don't speak French fluently but I'll give it a go. I have to say this seems strange to me, as the constructions are unconventional, not exactly 'normal' use of French at all.

It seems like a 'chat' like half English- half popular French style and also it seems grammatically not quite correct but this can just be because these I believe are excerpts of sentences and not the full message, correct?

"Hard est juste un mot. Il n'y a pas si nous essayons. Soyez maître de votre temps et vous pouvez trouver sans difficulté de l'époque."

Hard does not exist in French as far as I know. It's just an anglicism.
' Hard' is just a word. If we try it won't be. Be the master of your time and you can (or less literally: will) find your era/ time without any difficulty.

I am not sure if 'trouver de l'époque' is an expression of sorts, I have never heard it used before, but it might be. Alternatively it might be just poetic language someone is using to give hopeful or inspiring words (but as I don't have the context this is hard to make much sense of to be honest. What I gave here is a literal translation).

"semble que vous poursuivre. Je suis heureux de savoir que vos toujours heureux. Prenez soin de toujours."

' Semble que vous poursuivre' sounds like half the sentence (at least) is missing. It should be 'il me semble', it seems to me ( I suppose). Poursuivre is the infinitive and I also don't understand why this is being used as judging from this excerpt you have given it would not be correct.

It can have several meanings (to hunt, to persevere/to continue, to follow etc.) depending on the context. It might mean:

'It seems to me that you are still hanging in there/continuing' ??

' Je suis heureux de savoir que vos toujours heureux' - Normally it would be ' que vous êtes toujours heureux' It could be 'slang' I don't know. It's probably meant to say: I am happy to know that you are still happy.

Prenez soin de toujours - another strange construction imho. It means as much as: 'Take care always'.
'Prenez soin de vous même toujours/ tout le temps ', but it's not something you hear a lot like this in my own experience anyway).

All in all I' m sorry but it's hard to make much sense of this, unless I would understand/know more of the context in which it is written.

Hope it helps a little anyway.
Want to learn Dutch? Have a look here

Last edited by EmpanadaRica; August 19, 2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old August 19, 2009, 10:29 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermioni.arni View Post
can anybody trasnlate this to english for me please:

thanks a lot!

I'll also give it a try, although I agree with Empanada that there are rather unusual expressions in there...

"Hard" is only a word. There isn't any if we try. Be master of your time and you can easily find an era/a time".

[...there's a subject missing here...] "it seems that you keep on going/that you are still after a goal (or even, according to the subject, "it seems to follow (or chase) you".) I'm happy to know you're always happy (depending the context it could be "that you're happy after all"). Take care always"

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: