Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Suppression of "l"

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Tema Cerrado

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo August 18, 2017, 06:51 PM
Glen Glen no está en línea
Emerald

Primera Lengua: English
Glen is on a distinguished road
Wink Suppression of "l"

I knew, thanks to this site, about some people's habit of gliding over "s" but today I heard el trabajo said as e' trabajo.

Is that just carelessness or is it a habit I ought to adopt in order to sound more natural? Have I been too careful in saying el as el?

(Trying unsuccessfully here to resist the temptation to say he was just getting the "l" out of there)

Última edición por Glen fecha: August 18, 2017 a las 06:56 PM

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo August 19, 2017, 12:20 AM
wrholt wrholt no está en línea
Sapphire

Primera Lengua: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
As I've never heard you speaking in Spanish either in person or through a recording, I can't say whether I think you may be holding /l/ in the sequence /lt/ longer than a native speaker typically would. However, if you generally try to pronounce the article as a fully distinct word even in casual speech, it's possible that you may be speaking more carefully in casual contexts than native speakers might typically speak.

I would suggest trying to get feedback from a native speaker who is willing to tell you which sounds seem a little "foreign" to them when you say something. I wouldn't draw their attention to specific sounds, just ask them whether any sounds in a word, phrase o sentence that you say sound "foreign" to them, and which sounds they are. If they tell you about some sounds, but don't tell you about the sequence /lt/, then I would pay more attention to the sounds that they mention and not worry about pronouncing /lt/ for the time being.
Antiguo August 19, 2017, 02:18 AM
aleCcowaN aleCcowaN no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
I don't think the "l" is totally omitted but it modifies the sound of the e. The same way "ing" in English is a nasal en, for some "el" becomes a gutural mix of e and o. I've heard that from regional accents in Spain and from areas in América where a native language has too many vocal sounds.

I've heard "el" pronounced in a similar way to English "owl", but with more of an "e" sound and an el almost absorbed by the double-u. Think about Portuguese: "el" is "o".

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación