Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Tips for remembering vocabulary

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old March 18, 2011, 08:01 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by conejodescarado View Post
Para mí, el modo mejor que (en quien?) puedo recordar, está en entender la etimología de la palabra. Si no puedo encontrar un enlace entre el español y el inglés, o entre el español y el italiano, debo recordarla naturalmente por repetición (leyendo/escribiendo).
Claro, pero esa repitión debiera ser leyendo cosas en que la mente puede poner en contexto sin mayor esfuerzo como por ej: leyendo y escribiendo una novela, y no la forma poco frúctifera de imaginarse contextos totalmente fuera de foco porque muchas cosas se dejan al azar y la mente tiende a confundirse cuando el contexto cambia. Y mucho menos la repetición a la fuerza (bruta)

Quote:
De todas formas, siempre lleva tiempo antes de que se vuelve natural.
Naturalmente. Como todo en la vida, hay que ejercitar para adquirir experiencia.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 18, 2011, 11:32 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Inglés – Gran Bretaña.
conejodescarado is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chileno View Post
Claro, pero esa repitión debiera ser leyendo cosas en que la mente puede poner en contexto sin mayor esfuerzo como por ej: leyendo y escribiendo una novela, y no la forma poco frúctifera de imaginarse contextos totalmente fuera de foco porque muchas cosas se dejan al azar y la mente tiende a confundirse cuando el contexto cambia. Y mucho menos la repetición a la fuerza (bruta)
Muchas gracias por las correcciones, chileno

Sí, tienes razón, se debe acostumbrarse al uso de las palabras de tal manera que no es esforzado. Me gusta leer las novelas... preferentemente en voz alta. Querría encontrar una TV serie actual que mirar online (legalmente directamente desde el sitio del canal) o en iPod, pero no conozco ninguna.
Old March 19, 2011, 07:12 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Muchas gracias por las correcciones, chileno

Sí, tienes razón, se debe acostumbrarse al uso de las palabras de tal manera que no es esforzado. Me gusta leer las novelas... preferentemente en voz alta. Querría encontrar una TV serie actual que mirar online (legalmente directamente desde el sitio del canal) o en iPod, pero no conozco ninguna.
De nada.

En cuánto a la teleserie, no entiendo que quieres decir con "encontrar una actual en la tele", tú vives en Australia y lo veo un poquitín difícil.

Dime que estás buscando exactamente, ¿ver una novela que estén en este momento pasando por la tele y no una teleserie vieja que ya terminó?
Old March 19, 2011, 09:36 AM
Pearl

Por esempio, cuando aprendía el italiano, podía ir al sitio de RAI y mirar "Un Medico in Famiglia", o "Capri", o "Un posto al sole" (terrible!):

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi...24c20.html#p=0

Y pues hay un montón de otras series, todo gratis.

Quizá un canal mexicano, argentino etc puede poner a la disposición algunas series. No lo sé

EDIT | Just to clarify, RAI put the episodes online the day after they air on TV, so watching the soap opera "Un posto al sole", you're basically watching it one day behind the Italians.

Just browsing, here's something more recent (last week) http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi...f5265.html#p=0

Last edited by conejodescarado; March 19, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old March 19, 2011, 12:10 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Today I tried other kind to method of learning for me, and that method of learning was sing one song completely singed in English, although some words or when the song was playing in the stereo sometimes I didn't understand nothing, I repeated all the words and phrases, later I searched in the internet the lyrics, in essence I found the song letter, later causally again I played the song and I singed it again with the monitor in front me, so I could to read and at the same time, I repeat the song with the letter, so I had successful understanding completely the song.

It became hard to pronoun the song at the same time when is playing the stereo at the same time, because I never have heard some words said in the letter song, but when I read quite the lyrics, that become to be easier for me, in order to I could sing the song again without read the lyrics downloaded from internet.

Sincerely yours.
Old March 19, 2011, 05:38 PM
Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Today I tried another kind to of method of learning for me, and that method of learning was to sing one song completely singed sung in English. However, with some words or when the song was playing in on the stereo sometimes I didn't understand nothing anything. I repeated all the words and phrases, then later I searched in the internet the lyrics for the lyrics on the internet. In essence I found the song letter lyrics. Later, causally again I played the song and I singed sung it again with the screen in front of me, so I could to read and at the same time, I repeated the song with the letter lyrics, so I had a successful understanding completely complete understanding of the song.

It became hard to pronounce the song at the same speed as it was playing on the stereo at the same time, because I had never have heard some of the words said in the letter song lyrics. But when I read quite the lyrics, they became to be easier for me, in order to so that I could sing the song again without reading the lyrics downloaded from the internet.

Sincerely yours.
Sí, el cantar un poco di música es un buen modo que aprender Podría también sugerirte que compras un audiolibro junto con el libro real y pues haces la misma cosa. A veces la letra de una canción no es perfectamente y gramaticalmente correcta

Gramática:

(1) In inglés, cuando se usa "can/could", no se usa la preposición "to" antes del verbo infinitivo.

to be able to write in English
I can write in English
He can write in English
I could write in English
I used to be able to write in English

(2) El participio pasado de "to sing" es "sang", y el adjetivo del participio es "sung"

I sing well
He sings well
You sang well (past tense)
The song was sung well (adjective form)

(3) Con la radio/stereo, la música es siempre "on" the radio

I heard a song on the radio
I played a CD on the stereo

(4) Internet necesita el artículo "the", siempre

I downloaded it from the internet
I need to use the internet as soon as possible
The internet doesn't seem to be working

(5) Presta atención a la puntuación! Usando una coma (,) cuando se debe usar un período (.) deja el inglés más difícil que leer

Last edited by conejodescarado; March 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old March 19, 2011, 07:40 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
sing, sang/sung, sung
present tense, past tense, past participle used with the perfect tenses
(tiempo presente, tiempo pretérito simple, participio pasado (or pasivo) usado para formar los tiempos compuestos)

He sings.
He sang.
He has sung.

@conejodescarado: Sung is not an adverb. In the sentence you listed it as such, sung is a past participle used with the 'to be' verb to form the passive voice.
It is sung. (The agent, the person who sang the song, wasn't mentioned.)
The song was sung. (Again, no agent was mentioned.)
The song was sung well. (Adverb added, but still no mention of the agent.)
The song was sung well by the vocalist. (Agent mentioned.)
The vocalist sang the song well. (Active voice, past tense.)
Old March 19, 2011, 10:33 PM
Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
sing, sang/sung, sung
present tense, past tense, past participle used with the perfect tenses
(tiempo presente, tiempo pretérito simple, participio pasado (or pasivo) usado para formar los tiempos compuestos)

He sings.
He sang.
He has sung.
Ah yes, apologies, I've never studied English grammar I was just going off the top of my head!

Quote:
@conejodescarado: Sung is not an adverb. In the sentence you listed it as such, sung is a past participle used with the 'to be' verb to form the passive voice.
I was meant to write adjective I'm gonna have to study English grammar so that I can use the correct terms when helping others I've never really seen how a course might progress teaching English to a foreign student, breaking down the grammar etc. I've often wondered.
Old March 19, 2011, 11:51 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Por esempio, cuando aprendía el italiano, podía ir al sitio de RAI y mirar "Un Medico in Famiglia", o "Capri", o "Un posto al sole" (terrible!):

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi...24c20.html#p=0

Y pues hay un montón de otras series, todo gratis.

Quizá un canal mexicano, argentino etc puede poner a la disposición algunas series. No lo sé

EDIT | Just to clarify, RAI put the episodes online the day after they air on TV, so watching the soap opera "Un posto al sole", you're basically watching it one day behind the Italians.

Just browsing, here's something more recent (last week) http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi...f5265.html#p=0
Puedes ir a:

http://envivo.13.cl/

es uno de los canales de Chile. Hay otros pero no estoy seguro si cobran para verlos por internet.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:07 AM
Pearl

Muchas gracias, Chileno

Tags
memoria, memory, mindmap, mnemonics, vocabulario, vocabulary, wordweb

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: