Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

The combination of Pimsleur and Rosetta Stone

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 01, 2009, 02:33 PM
Ruby

ItsThaMonsta is on a distinguished road
The combination of Pimsleur and Rosetta Stone

This combination has done wonders for me. It takes 10x longer to go through Rosetta but if you do these 2 simultaneously it should work well. I initially went through discs 1,2 and 3 of RS.... I learned a ton a retained virtually everything but I had problems hearing things outside of RS. So I got got pimsleur. Because of how much I already knew from RS I decided to start at level 3 of pimsleur. I had learned a ton of new stuff and it has worked very well for learning to hear better.

Maybe its just me but I retain nearly everything from these. I do write a lot of stuff down from Pimsleur and look at it a few times a day but I have people read the English parts to me and I remember the Spanish phrases. I think this is must better than taking a class. I have almost no confidence in having a class 1 hour day and thinking that your going to learn a lot. But I do text people, IM people, and just annoy other people who do not know spanish just so I can keep a constant flow of it.

And music... Don't tell anyone but I have learned a ton from Marc Anothonys CD... even though half the lyrics are useless outside of a song.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: