Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Grammar
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Context, text, context of situation,context of culture and texture

This is the place for questions about conjugations, verb tenses, adverbs, adjectives, word order, syntax and other grammar questions for English or Spanish.

Old May 09, 2010, 08:22 AM
Diamond

ROBINDESBOIS is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Context, text, context of situation,context of culture and texture

CAn anybody give a simple definition of all this linguistic terms?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old May 09, 2010, 09:08 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
I included definition for both languages for each term. If after reading, you still have a question, by all means, pose it.

In any event I would like to know your opinion, about these words as defined here.

contexto.
(Del lat. contextus).
1. m. Entorno lingüístico del cual depende el sentido y el valor de una palabra, frase o fragmento considerados.
2. m. Entorno físico o de situación, ya sea político, histórico, cultural o de cualquier otra índole, en el cual se considera un hecho.
3. m. p. us. Orden de composición o tejido de un discurso, de una narración, etc.
4. m. desus. Enredo, maraña o unión de cosas que se enlazan y entretejen.

1 : the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning
2 : the interrelated conditions in which something exists or occurs : environment, setting <the historical context of the war>

texto.
(Del lat. textus).
1. m. Enunciado o conjunto coherente de enunciados orales o escritos.
2. m. Pasaje citado de una obra escrita u oral.
3. m. por antonom. Sentencia de la Sagrada Escritura.
4. m. Todo lo que se dice en el cuerpo de la obra manuscrita o impresa, a diferencia de lo que en ella va por separado; como las portadas, las notas, los índices, etc.
5. m. Grado de letra de imprenta, menos gruesa que la parangona y más que la atanasia.
6. m. Impr. libro de texto.

1 a (1) : the original words and form of a written or printed work (2) : an edited or emended copy of an original work b : a work containing such text
2 a : the main body of printed or written matter on a page b : the principal part of a book exclusive of front and back matter c : the printed score of a musical composition
3 a (1) : a verse or passage of Scripture chosen especially for the subject of a sermon or for authoritative support (as for a doctrine) (2) : a passage from an authoritative source providing an introduction or basis (as for a speech) b : a source of information or authority
Old May 09, 2010, 12:20 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
There're a lot of situations in the means of the different words mentioned in your own list up.
Then I can understand that in the phrase Text means a Text or phrase also it could be a sentence in the time or context of the word.

This is a simple text wrote for me.
Hola.

And for the other part the context could means.
The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
2. The circumstances in which an event occurs; a setting.

In the third ones.
Society Culture is a system of societal rules and behavior. It has been used to mean the more sophisticated or refined etiquette of a time. Culture is what people believe, how they act and interact,...

And finally.
I can remembering you that in those definitions could variate in the means, because I did a little search in the internet and well just those definitions were the first ones that I could to find in the website.

Now finally
I have understood that texture you can catalog in the something that you can touch and takes too.
It also can be something that you can appreciate and you watch in the moment in time, something that you can feel and critic in the moment of the happened.

I hope that you can understand my contribution to your answers.

Have a good day.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:11 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
@Robin: Any dictionary can, but what exactly are you thinking of?

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: