Old December 31, 2008, 05:29 PM
The Rebel Fairy

Native Language: Spanish
María José is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I bid you welcome, Maria José, I'm happy you are come back in the forums, you was lost over much time.

Where you have been these last few months.?
I've been busy, Crotalito. I was doing an on-line course. I'm starting another one on Jan28th. They are great fun but also time consuming: there is a lot of reading and studying involved. Thanks for the welcome.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 31, 2008, 05:31 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
I am glad to see you back I've missed you a lot!
Old January 04, 2009, 12:25 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Irish-Canadian English and Andalusian Spanish.
Planet hopper is on a distinguished road
Thank you Elaina for the interest, yes, Mr T is right, I teach ESL at an army base for the Kuwaiti army. Good salary, easy job.

Sorry I didn't read the 4 pages of messages, let me explain a bit more.

A pesar de haber nacido en Andalucía mi familia tuvo que refugiarse por razones políticas en Irlanda cuando yo solo tenía diez años. Fui al instituto en Dublín, me licencié en filología inglesa (lengua + literatura) en Granada, en España, y trabajé de profesor casi-nativo en Irlanda, Francia e Inglaterra durante los noventa. En el 2000 me fuí a China, donde pasé seis años enseñando inglés, sin usar castellano para nada. En el 2006 me convertí en residente permanente de Canada, donde fue demasiado dificil encontrar un trabajo de profesor, asi que volví a Andalucia, desde donde os conocí justo antes de conseguir este trabajo en Kuwait. Sólo en Andalucia se me trata como un EFL teacher, el resto de mi carrera he sido un ESL teacher. He enseñado inglés incluso a sixth graders, native speakers en una escuela primaria en Irlanda en el 2002. Espero que esto os haga comprender que tipo de profesor y persona bilingue soy. Pido perdon por mis fallos en los acentos o mayusculas, no practico mucho el mecanografiar castellano.

Crotalito, my job is not very international, only if you take care of your resume to grow and apply to some jobs online, you get to travelling, I enjoy it a lot. I have always been an esl teacher since 1992, and I am 42 now.

Last 19th I broke my leg while getting off a bus, I just came back to my apartment from hospital, I walk on crutches and have a titanium nail in the head of my femur. However, I am very happy to post again here. I missed you a lot this holiday season. Until mid-late january I will not be able to come here often because I can't stay sitting down longer than 10 minutes, my foot gets swollen and the leg still hurts.

But anyway, you know where you have a friend and a proud member of Tomissimo, that's what I wanted to say.

Hugs and happy new year to you all guys

Last edited by Planet hopper; January 04, 2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old January 04, 2009, 05:10 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Gracias por habernos puesto al día. ¡Qué desafortunado el accidente pero bien has dicho que todavía tienes la dicha de escribirnos! We've missed you, too.
Old January 05, 2009, 05:49 AM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
I hope your leg gets better I've never broken a bone before. Ouch. Must hurt a lot. Miss you too and I hope you come back soon (once the leg's better)
Old January 05, 2009, 05:58 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
¡Que te mejores!¡duerme mucho y come bien!
Old January 05, 2009, 10:44 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I got it, Plannet hopper, I have understood that your job is very wonderful, because I believe that if your job is above teach or travel is the same, because you are off the your country, I'd like have a job as your job, but thank you for answered me, I believe that you should caring you more, if you are in other country, you being foreign, I tell you this because, nowadays the people in that country where you are, there are much dangerous more for the war near the country where you are, anyhow you be happy and you work a lot, if you someday visit Mexico and you decide live here, well, you will be welcome to our country.
Old January 05, 2009, 02:31 PM
Pearl

bmarquis124 is on a distinguished road
¡Espero que te mejores pronto, PlanetHopper!
¿Qué idioma está hablada en Kuwait?
Old January 05, 2009, 05:26 PM
Emerald

Native Language: English
Jane will become famous soon enough
Por lo visto, PH, estas pasandolo muy bien in Kuwait a pesar del accidente...
Pues, que te mejores y Feliz 2009.
Old January 08, 2009, 06:52 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Irish-Canadian English and Andalusian Spanish.
Planet hopper is on a distinguished road
Getting better, proud to be in this community-Slainte-Gracias-Shukran

Thanks everyone, you all have a big heart, tan grande como una plaza de toros.

Me pongo las pilas y me paso a comentar en los hilos, que ya he visto algunos muy interesantes y me dan ganas

Jane, I can't say I'm having a hard time, people are really helpful, I only get good wishes and prayers to Allah for my health. Even though we met just about a month ago, my jobmates are behaving like a second family.

Jessica, the bar in Madrid is called 'The return of the Winnipeg Chile', and you can see the pictures in my profile, in the only album of pictures I have.

Crotalito, working in computers is a job you may turn international if you persevere on it. Get certifications and improve yourself as a professional, work in your english and one day it will happen. Internet is making the world very small.

BMarquis, para el idioma este pais es muy peculiar. The natives speak Arabic with an Iraqi accent, but 60% of the population are filipino (Tagalo), Bangla Desh, Indian, and Pakistani (Hindi-Urdu). Also a lot of people from Iran. Of course, the lingua franca is English. A bit of a Babel Tower.

Hugs to you all!!!! Olé, olé y olé !!!!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: