Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Grammar

That/Those and This/These in Spanish

This is the place for questions about conjugations, verb tenses, adverbs, adjectives, word order, syntax and other grammar questions for English or Spanish.

Old March 22, 2011, 06:24 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
brimby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Those toys are mine.
These days were the best ( In this case Esos)

When I went to the school those days were wonderful for my boyhood, already I did a lot funny things during my boyhood, always I would go to the cinema and the night club with my friends, also I was habited to smoke some many cigarettes in those days.

I will cheerful that you can correct me.
Feeling you free in correct me.
Here's my correction for you, Crotalito. This isn't the only way to do it, but I tried to make what you are saying as clear and natural as I could while keeping the basic order of your sentences intact:

When I went to school, those days were wonderful during my boyhood. (The word "boyhood" isn't really used in natural speech very much, just so you know) I did a lot of fun things when I was young. (Here you could say "Always I would", "I always would", or "I would always", but the last one sounds the most natural) I would always go to the movies and the night club with my friends, and I had a habit of smoking many cigarettes in those days.

I would (or will) be happy if you corrected (or correct, if you used will) me.
Feel free to correct me.

--

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I understand ese, estos, esa, etc. a lot better now.

Last edited by brimby; March 22, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: