Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

I need to talk to my butcher.

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old June 23, 2017, 10:00 AM
Opal

murcielago is on a distinguished road
I need to talk to my butcher.

New shop opened up. The butcher doesn't speak English.

I'm requesting some help with a Mexican-Spanish (Spanish with applicable Mexican slang) translation for the following:

"May I get 2lbs of outside skirt steak, through the machine, and unopened. Do not prepare."

P.S. can I get a proper translation as well?

Last edited by murcielago; June 23, 2017 at 02:29 PM.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 23, 2017, 12:50 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Getting a proper translation for something that specific is a bit tricky. You'd really need to find someone familiar with the correct terminology.

By the way, the Spanish that is spoken in Mexico is proper Spanish too!

To help get a better translation, can you describe what "outside skirt steak" is exactly?
Old June 23, 2017, 02:25 PM
Opal

murcielago is on a distinguished road
Yes I know its proper spanish, it was a joke, i merely commenting on what i've heard from other spanish speaking people about mexico and how it has its own unique slang and that sometimes its hard to communicate if you translate too literally. A good example for english or french would be the cracked language down here in south louisiana, I'd assume.

Basically, what I'm asking for is a common tongue version. Idealy, I'm looking for, perhaps, a native mexican or mexican-american that can translate my question in the most friendly and natural way, rather than sounding too proper. If you don't know what an outside skirt steak is you probably could not translate this for me. But, if it helps what I am referring to is Arrachera but not the flank and not the inside skirt. Skirt steak is also know as the PLATE on the cow, right next to the FLANK in the belly. Outside skirt steak is used for fajita meat. But, its not as simple to just say fajita meat, because fajita meat could be anything. Unopened means not cut in half and thinned. Prepared means preparado or season the meat.

I need Arrachera run through a tenderizing machine and left unopened and not seasoned.

Tags
arrachera, flank, skirt, steak

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: