Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Who has used the new version of Rosetta Stone?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old June 03, 2009, 09:27 AM
Emerald

Native Language: American English
Fazor is on a distinguished road
I've recently tried out RS. I think it's a good supplement tool, but for me I prefer a more academic method. The "Immersion learning" helped me remember some vocab vocally, and it is nice to be able to hear words spoken in the language you are learning. But I'm a very bad speller (even in my native tounge), and with only a "use-based" approached to words and conjugation, I don't end up learning what I'm doing (instead just paroting what I hear).

So I really think it's going to depend on your learning style.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old June 03, 2009, 09:32 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
I've recently tried out RS. I think it's a good supplement tool, but for me I prefer a more academic method. The "Immersion learning" helped me remember some vocab vocally, and it is nice to be able to hear words spoken in the language you are learning. But I'm a very bad speller (even in my native tounge), and with only a "use-based" approached to words and conjugation, I don't end up learning what I'm doing (instead just paroting what I hear).

So I really think it's going to depend on your learning style.
May I ask you what is RS?
Old June 03, 2009, 09:58 AM
Pearl

Native Language: English (USA)
tacuba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
May I ask you what is RS?
Rosetta Stone.

Old June 03, 2009, 10:13 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Hola

He tratado muchas programas para aprender al español Mientras rosetta stone es un buena programa, y tiene un gran nombre jeje, prefiero tellmemore. Tellmemore me ayuda a entender gramática más fácil que rosetta stone.

Sí, las dos programas son muy caro, no duda, pero ellos me han ayudado a aprender tan mucho, tambien con mis amigos de Tomísimo me enseñan a comprender ese lenguaje

¿Es posible que puedas comprar las dos? tengo no duda que vas a encontrar la programa la que te ayudará mucho
Old June 04, 2009, 12:52 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacuba View Post
Rosetta Stone.
Of course!
Old June 04, 2009, 10:12 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
Hola

He tratado muchas programas para aprender al español Mientras rosetta stone es un buena programa, y tiene un gran nombre jeje, prefiero tellmemore. Tellmemore me ayuda a entender gramática más fácil que rosetta stone.

Sí, las dos programas son muy caro, no duda, pero ellos me han ayudado a aprender tan mucho, tambien con mis amigos de Tomísimo me enseñan a comprender ese lenguaje

¿Es posible que puedas comprar las dos? tengo no duda que vas a encontrar la programa la que te ayudará mucho
I have one couple to ideas of as you can learn the language faster than now, if you have the opportunity to get movies's Spain, I know that if you try to understand them thus as you try to read the post in Spanish, I know that it will help you to get better the structure of your language or whatever it will supporting you in the learning, because I have made it before, I watch the movies in English and later I try to understand them without translation in Spanish within of the same movie.

I know that you can do it.

Tomorrow I will be going again to my job because I don't be in my city and maybe I can give you some titles of some movies in Spanish for that you can watch them later.
Old June 22, 2009, 10:31 AM
Opal

Arielle is on a distinguished road
I've actually heard somewhere that you can download RS on certain sites, eliminating the price factor. I'm not encouraging illegal online activity, I'm just saying...
Old June 30, 2009, 10:25 PM
Ruby

Ferlas is on a distinguished road
I just downloaded it, and I think it's great.

Then again, I've only been using it for 10 minutes. If you could get it legally without paying, go ahead. But if you can't, still try to get it, though I'm not encouraging illegal online activity, either.
Old July 01, 2009, 08:42 AM
Emerald

Native Language: American English
Fazor is on a distinguished road
There's a big difference between what you can do and what you're suppose to do. Anyway, I haven't used the software much since I initially tried it, just because when I've been home I haven't spent that much time at my computer. It was fun, but it seems like it's effectiveness will really depend on one's learning style. For someone like me, I'd at least recommend a textbook or something to go along with the RS program.
Old July 01, 2009, 09:18 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Please, start reading a novel in Spanish, and copying what your read in a notebook. While doing this translate and pronounce what you are writing the best way you can. You'll be hitting this board more often and with REAL problems in your head!

Tags
courses, products, rosetta stone

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: