Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

Translate to English

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old March 30, 2020, 02:23 AM
Opal

klinkerhoffen is on a distinguished road
Translate to English

Can anyone translate this or if not, point out where I can get it translated. Its in an older form of Spanish.

Old March 30, 2020, 10:21 PM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the forums.

Are you looking for a real translation that's actually trustworthy? You'll probably need to find an expert and pay for it. That said, it's still fun to try and figure things like this out.

Do you have a transliteration of the original text? I'm having a hard time even making out what the original text is. Do you have any other context to this? Do you know a time period or where it's from, what culture it's from, etc?

I can kind of make out some possible words, but don't really have much meaning...

Quote:
estafo ...... y flechas significa
Quote:
instrumentos con .....
Quote:
.... los ..... ....
Quote:
en el ... ... ploma
Old March 31, 2020, 10:04 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
This is the Codex Mendoza, made in the 1540s, which tells the story of the Aztecs.

The man depicted is a ruler, Tiçoçicatzin (in modern writing the name seems to be Ttizocicatzin or Tizoc). And the text says:

“Esta rodela y flechas significan instrumentos con que conquistaron los pueblos contenidos en el circuito de esta plana”

@Tomisimo: It was really hard to figure the words out... I spent almost one hour just guessing how to Google it.

@klinkerhoffen: Ancient codices aren't easy, because you need training to read them and interpret them properly. If you need this for professional purposes, you may try contacting anthropologists specialized in Aztec civilizations at your national universities. Academics are often more than happy to share their work.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: