Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Technical things

Where can I edit my signature?

Technical "how-to" issues concerning using this site and language learning in general.

Old August 09, 2010, 11:15 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by droe82 View Post
Oh, good. I thought I was a robot.
Hola, Droe82.
Good to see you around.

Hey, by the way, did you ever read the Random House definition for "robot"?

Here is the derivation (Random House),
[< Czech, coined by Karel 'Capek in the play R.U.R. (1920) from the base robot-, as in robota compulsory labor, robotn#k peasant owing such labor]

R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots) (A Science-fiction play in Czech language)

Merriam Websters gives
Etymology: Czech, from robota compulsory labor; akin to Old High German arabeit trouble, Latin orbus orphaned — more at orphan

(After a careful linguistic study performed by my robolangoton, a very sophisticated automaton I usually carry in the left lobe of my brain, that I use when I am tired and not ready to think... shows/indicates and asserts that it would not be possible for you to be a robot. The main clue that revealed this point is that you used the word "thought". Scanning for disguising robot-tactics were all performed satisfactorily, and a telepathic test was performed as well and... well, you smiled. (Ha!) The robolangoton couldn't tell me if the smile was or if it was . But even if there was none of these jjjjiuman reactions... the dynaflow was inequivocal. Thus, my conclusion... which at any rate, matches with yours...)

Hey, just kidding a little bit. You can ask questions on language, and help us too... and mainly have fun while you learn. Hope to "see" you around mainly enjoying yourself... (not doing hard labor, like genuine robots usually do...)

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: