Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Here is my English essay along with its Spanish equivalent

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old May 20, 2016, 09:20 AM
Opal

Arabi is on a distinguished road
Here is my English essay along with its Spanish equivalent

Here is my English essay along with its Spanish equivalent: Please help me with it. Thanks in advance, SpanishForum esteemed community and friends, for your cordial welcome and sincere feedback as well as for your invaluable help and unwavering support. Until I hear back from you receive my best regards

=================
Two Situations: Good and Bad
Over the past five years of studying at the faculty of languages and ‎translations, I have been ‎through many situations which became ‎characteristic of my collegiate life. Some of the ‎situations were positive and memorable, while others were negative and unpleasant. In ‎retrospect, the more I flash back the more I remember other situations. I will only mention ‎two situations: one is positive and another is negative. ‎

The Positive Situation: when I was a freshman. I was not very sure what I am going to do. ‎Luckily, I came to meet very wonderful people—mostly senior students—who walked me ‎through the collegiate life. People were, of every sense, helpful and supportive. I felt ‎blessed and proud to be in such a teamwork atmosphere.‎

The Negative One: it was about a sort of injustice that was done to me. In my sophomore ‎year, I was graded poorly in three subjects. When I complained about it, no one even ‎bothered to consider my complaint. I am sure that the complaint was consigned to the ‎dustbin. This situation affected both my academic performance and my life in general. I ‎decided to quit, then I quickly licked my wounds and got back on track. Now I am ‎determined not to let such an injustice happen to me again. ‎

#-----------------------------------------------------------#
Un par de situaciones: buena y mala

En los últimos cinco años de estudio en la facultad de idiomas y traducciones, He pasado ‎por muchas situaciones que se convirtió en característica de mi vida universitaria. Algunas ‎de las situaciones eran positivos y memorable, mientras que otros fueron negativos y ‎desagradables. En retrospectiva, más me produczo un retroceso de más Me acuerdo otras ‎situaciones. Sólo voy a mencionar dos situaciones: uno es positiva y otro negativa.‎

La situación positiva: cuando era un estudiante de primer año. No estaba muy segura de lo ‎que iba a hacer. Por suerte, llegué a conocer muy personas maravillosas—en su mayoría ‎estudiantes de alto—que me acompañó a través de la vida universitaria. La gente era, de ‎todos los sentidos, útil y de apoyo. Me sentí bendecido y orgulloso de estar en un ambiente ‎de trabajo en equipo.‎

La situación negativa: se trataba de una especie de injusticia que se hizo para mí. En mi segundo año, ‎que se clasificó mal en tres temas. Cuando me quejé de esto, nadie se molestó en ‎considerar mi queja válida. Estoy seguro de que la queja fue consignado al basurero. Esta ‎situación afectó tanto mi rendimiento académico y mi vida en general. Decidí dejar de ‎fumar, entonces Coser mis heridas rápidamente y volvió a la pista (o a volver a la ‎normalidad). Ahora estoy decidido a no dejar que suceda tal injusticia a mí otra vez .‎
Old May 20, 2016, 02:56 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Check gender and number in adjectives (and also verbs and participles), there are several mistakes.

senior students = estudiantes avanzados (estudiantes de alto doesn't exist in Spanish)

more ... more ... = más ... más ...
(to experience a) flash back = revivir una situación

the more I flash back ... = cuanto más revivo esa época/esa situación ...

... mi queja válida ---> no la consideraron justificada
... mi válida queja ---> estaba plenamente justificada

The text in English speaks of "quitting (studies)", not "quitting smoking".

lick my wounds = cicatrizar mis heridas (to mimic the English original, like we do in dubbing; a native Spanish speaker would choose another way to describe the situation).

There are more comments, but I'll wait for others to dive in.

It's pretty good, anyway.

Cheers!

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: