Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Webcomics and music in Spanish?

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old October 21, 2009, 05:44 PM
Opal

Native Language: English (Ingles)
Hiikaru is on a distinguished road
Webcomics and music in Spanish?

Does anyone know of any good webcomics or Spanish bands?

Webcomics: Preferably coloured but doesn't have to be, should be pretty simplistic vocabulary (read: kids' comics). It would be nice if it were actually interesting and/or well-written/drawn, but it's mostly to practice reading comprehension.

Some suggestions on Spanish books that I could potentially find at the library would be helpful too. It doesn't have to be originally Spanish, it can be translated (like El Gato en el Sombrero).

Bands: I know of a band called Perfect Noise that sound okay but have some strange songs. What are some other cool bands that sing in Spanish? How can I look for more? I am open to pretty much any type of music except rap. Examples of songs and also lyric pages would be excellent.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 22, 2009, 02:02 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés (en-gb)
pjt33 is on a distinguished road
I have CDs by the following which I enjoy (one particular favourite song highlighted for each):
Light rock: La Oreja de Van Gogh (Dulce locura), La Quinta Estación (Que te quería)
Ballad: Chayanne (Un siglo sin ti)

But generally I don't buy much music and just listen to Internet radio. iTunes has 92.5 Maxima (www.925maxima.com) and MisBaladas.com in its list of known stations. There are bound to be more Spanish-language online radio stations, generally based out of Florida.

If you know the name of an artist/group you can often find a taster on Youtube. Various pop/rock artists, mainly culled from MisBaladas for a challenge (make a list of songs from A-Z where either the artist/group or the song title begins with that letter): Amaia Montero (formerly singer for La Oreja de Van Gogh); Belanova; Shakira; Enrique Iglesias; Fanny Lu; Juanes; Ha Ash; José José; Kalima; Nek; Makano; Rosario; Ov7; Playa Limbo; Ricardo Montaner; Sofía; Paulina Rubio; Yoland(it)a Monge; El canto del loco; Wisin y Yandel; Ximena Sariñana; Yuri; Zorro viejo; Franco de Vita; Tito el bambino; Ricardo Arjona; Aventura; Ana Isabelle; Ana Belén; Fonseca; Carlos Vives; Rbd; Julieta Venegas; Marc Anthony; Marger; Isabel Pantoja; Ana Gabriel; Ose; Mdo.
Old October 22, 2009, 11:38 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
There's a actor comic named Polo Polo, and really he has a goods comedy in its gender, you can do a search in the internet and write the his name Polo Polo, and then the searching will gives you a littles jokes coloured.

I hope you can find the you're finding.
Old October 22, 2009, 03:26 PM
Opal

Muchas gracias, todos. I'll look into those.

Very thorough post, PJ. It'll take a while to listen to all of those, but I looked up Que te quería and Dulce locura already and they're very good.
Old October 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
Diamond

Native Language: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
For comics, try www.gocomics.com - they have several different strips in Spanish that update daily. Some are English comics translated into Spanish, some are originally written in Spanish. http://www.gocomics.com/explore/espanol
Old October 27, 2009, 03:06 AM
Opal

Thank you! I can't view many comics without a payed account, but it's still cool to see Calvin and Hobbes in Spanish.
Old October 27, 2009, 11:50 AM
Diamond

That's odd - because I can view about 24 comics without payment.... Did you sign up for the "free" account?
Old October 27, 2009, 01:36 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I have a website in the internet where I can see the TV online and about all it can be seen LIFE, I don't know if you want the website.

Or if someone has some website similar, please you give me it please..
Old October 27, 2009, 05:36 PM
Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by laepelba View Post
That's odd - because I can view about 24 comics without payment.... Did you sign up for the "free" account?
Yeah, and it still says I can only view fourteen comics.
I guess that's not so bad if you just watch the comic and only view the newest one, but I'm a person who likes to go through the archives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I have a website in the internet where I can see the TV online and about all it can be seen LIFE, I don't know if you want the website.
Sure, you might as well post it.
Old October 27, 2009, 06:16 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post

Or if someone has some website similar, please you give me it please..
If you google "online tv", you'll find lots of online television viewing sites.

Tags
books, comics, music

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: