Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

DELE exams

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old March 17, 2013, 12:53 PM
Pearl

Native Language: German, Serbian & Albanian
Premium is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma022 View Post
Sie haben einen Plan zum Glueck, aber muessen es zuerst aufmachen und anschauen und dann entscheiden ob es auch wirklich so geht. Aber nach Plan waeren es etwa 4 Monate, was wahrscheinlich heissen wuerde die Pruefung im naechsten Winter zu machen. Aber mal schauen
Naja das Handgelenk ist ja immer so 'ne Sache. Vier Monate sind aber ganz schön lange, mal hoffen, dass es nicht so lange dauern wird. Bei meiner Mutter war es halt der Finger, musste einige Monate im Krankenstand bleiben aber so ist das halt.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 17, 2013, 07:17 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Bitte nur Englisch oder Spanisch im Tomisimo! Es gibt ein Forum für Deutsch und andere Sprache.

@Zuma: I don't know about other countries, but I think certification is usually not required in Mexico for many activities, unless you intend to develop an academic career. And still, many universities don't even ask for an official diploma, I'm afraid because they don't even know they exist. ;(
Still, it will be good for you to test your capabilities and show your certifications whenever you'll need them.

Que todo salga bien en tu operación.
Old March 18, 2013, 01:01 AM
Pearl

Native Language: Swiss German
zuma022 is on a distinguished road
@Angelica Oops sorry, got carried away in German. I don't really need the certificate for anything other than wanting a piece of paper to show my Spanish level. It's mostly for myself, I need a bit of pressure to really focus. Though I am a little surprised that the universities wouldn't have a language requirement, but I suppose it's your own problem if you can't follow the course.
Muchas gracias!

@premium It's actually the shoulder not the wrist, but same difference I guess.
Old March 18, 2013, 06:51 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Although it is true that in some cases it's the student's individual problem to follow the course, some universities ask students to write a motivation letter in Spanish and sometimes they also make a little oral interview (it used to be by telephone, but maybe now they do it through Skype), so their general capabilities (Spanish included) can be evaluated.
As far as I know, the Universidad Nacional (UNAM) asks foreign students to make a Spanish test among the other exams they use to evaluate students' skills, to be sure they can follow the courses.
Still, I think that having an official certification would simplify a lot all these procedures.
Old March 18, 2013, 02:12 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Swiss German
zuma022 is on a distinguished road
That makes sense, thanks for the information. I don't really have any plans to go to a university again, but I still find it fascinating. And you never know, right?
In any case, like you say having a piece of paper proving a skill never hurts.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: