Antiguo September 14, 2010, 08:43 PM
NiCACHiCA NiCACHiCA no está en línea
Ruby

Primera Lengua: English
NiCACHiCA is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Rusty Ver Mensaje
tirón = jerk (as in a rapid movement)

Calling someone a 'jerk' has many connotations in English. You could mean it in a mild sense (you can even call your best friend a jerk without offending). Or you could mean it in the worst sense. What do you want to say?
There are several Spanish words, from mild to extremely vulgar, that will fit the bill.

it's along the lines of calling a friend a jerk, but when they've hurt you. so not just joking around, but something a little more serious. But definitely nothing vulgar. Something mild but that the person would know you were showing that they hurt you?
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 18, 2010, 07:55 PM
spanishtogo spanishtogo no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: Spanish - Venezuela
spanishtogo is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por NiCACHiCA Ver Mensaje
it's along the lines of calling a friend a jerk, but when they've hurt you. so not just joking around, but something a little more serious. But definitely nothing vulgar. Something mild but that the person would know you were showing that they hurt you?
I believe you can say: éres un idiota/estúpido or you also could say: éres un tonto/necio.

For example, if you want to say: You are a jerk for what you told my friend this morning I would say: Eres un idiota por lo que le dijíste a mi amigo/a ésta mañana.

I hope this helps, also it makes a difference in what part of Latin America you are since in different countries meanings might be a little different.

Suerte,

Henry

Última edición por Rusty fecha: September 18, 2010 a las 08:05 PM Razón: removed link
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 20, 2010, 09:01 AM
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar no está en línea
Obsidiana

Primera Lengua: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I corrected some spelling mistakes, to avoid confusion for Spanish learners:

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por spanishtogo Ver Mensaje
I believe you can say: eres un idiota/estúpido or you also could say: eres un tonto/necio.

For example, if you want to say: You are a jerk for what you told my friend this morning I would say: Eres un idiota por lo que le dijiste a mi amigo/a esta mañana.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación