Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Please help with story translation!

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old February 06, 2013, 12:04 AM
Opal

bsinger3 is on a distinguished road
Post Please help with story translation!

I speak spanish poorly as a second language and I’m trying to write a story in spanish for class.

Could someone please read through and change grammar and syntax mistakes? I only posted the first half of the story here to make it easier.

I will also attach the English version for reference. I really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

English:

How The Rabbit Feels

The sky was a saturated blue and the grass was a single shade of green. The Rabbit’s legs turned to a cloud of dust as he ran the track race. He won! But three chuckling children tricked him out of his trophy full of Trix cereal once again. These Kellogg’s commercials are only meant to be entertaining, but the Trix kids treatment of the Rabbit genuinely makes me sympathetic. I know the Rabbit is not a real person, but how can kids like myself be expected not to bully each other when acooperation as large as Kellogg’s teaches us that bulling is fun? Maybe if the Rabbit was given Trix, his viewers would see that being bullied does get better. As a young girl, I spent a day with the Rabbit. I never met him in person, but as with any victim of bullying, a single kind sentiment went a great distance. I blew a dandelion’s seeds and wished that the Rabbit would get his Trix. One of those seeds landed in Ms. Torres garden, and the sprout it formed the next morning convinced her that it was time to weed the garden. She paid her young neighbor, Cesar, ten dollars to do the yard work and he spent the money on a date with his soccer teammate, Luisa. Luisa was so excited she forgot to stay after school to be interviewed for the school paper and went to a movie with Cesar instead. Ricardo, the school news journalist panicked when Luisa did not arrive to talk about her soccer team’s recent championship. He decided to write an article about the new school bunny, Snowball, to meet his deadline. Ricardo rushed into Snowball’s classroom to take a picture and accidentally spilled Snowball’s food. The next morning, the teacher sent Carmen to retrieve more rabbit food from the supply closet. Carmen found a new bag and noticed her friends making fun of Maria during lunch on the way back. Carmen’s friends were teasing Maria for being a vegetarian. “All you eat is vegetables like a rabbit!” “What’s the matter afraid of meat, rabbit-girl?” Maria was successfully ignoring her bullies until one took her yogurt. “This is Trix yogurt. Silly rabbit-girl, Trix are for kids.” Finally Carmen stepped in and grabbed the yogurt. “Leave her alone guys! Here Maria. You can have this back.” Maria gratefully took a big spoonful of yogurt and then spit it out. Everyone laughed at the soggy pieces of Snowball’s food Carmen had mixed in to the yogurt. “Don’t you like your yogurt rabbit-girl?” Carmen laughed. Maria went home early and cried as she played her piano. That night Caesar and Luisa walked down the street holding hands and overheard Maria singing sadly to the piano.

In spanish:

El cielo era de un azul saturado y la hierba era una sola sombra de verde. Las patas del conejo se dirigió a una nube de polvo mientras corría a la carrera de pista. Ganó! Pero tres niños Contéstame tricked él fuera su trofeo lleno de cereal Trix nuevamente. Anuncios de estos Kellogg sólo están destinados a ser entretenido, pero el tratamiento de los niños de Trix del conejo realmente me hace simpático. Sé que el conejo no es una persona real, pero ¿cómo pueden esperar niños como yo que no intimidan a mutuamente cuando acooperation tan grande como la de Kellogg nos enseña que el bulling es divertido? Tal vez si el conejo se dio Trix, sus espectadores vería que está siendo intimidado mejore. Como una niña, me pasé un día con el conejo. Nunca lo conocí en persona, pero como con cualquier víctima de acoso escolar, un sentimiento bueno solo fue una gran distancia. Sopló las semillas de un diente de León y deseó que el conejo tenga su Trix. Una de esas semillas aterrizó en el jardín de la Sra. Torres, y el brote que se formó la mañana siguiente se convenció que era tiempo de malas hierbas del jardín. Ella pagó a su joven vecino, Cesar, diez dólares la yarda de hacer trabajar y gastó el dinero en una fecha con su compañero de equipo de fútbol, Luisa. Luisa estaba tan emocionada que olvidó a permanecer después de la escuela a ser entrevistada para el papel de la escuela y fue a ver una película con Cesar en su lugar. Ricardo, el periodista de noticias de la escuela entró en pánico cuando Luisa no llegó a hablar del reciente Campeonato de su equipo fútbol. Decidió escribir un artículo sobre el conejo de la escuela nueva, bola de nieve, a cumplir con su fecha límite. Ricardo acometido en el aula de la bola de nieve para tomar una foto y alimentos derramados accidentalmente de bola de nieve. La mañana siguiente, el profesor envía Carmen para recuperar más comida de conejo del ar

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 06, 2013, 05:29 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Here in the forums we won't do your homework for you. We'll do our best to point out your mistakes and may provide some hints that'll help you to choose the right wording.

We would like to see your own attempt at translation. The translation you submitted was obviously produced by a machine.

I see that you posted the same story elsewhere on the internet and received help.
That person was able to figure out some of the mistakes you made in the English version and, by so doing, was able to produce a better translation than the machine did, but that person's translation is flawed in several places.

You won't learn anything by submitting the other person's translation.
You won't learn anything by submitting a machine translation.

On the flip side, you can write a good story in English, using words that are more simple, and can submit your own translation without relying on a machine. We would then be happy to help you figure out how to make it better.

Last edited by Rusty; February 06, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: