Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Translation check

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old October 04, 2010, 02:58 AM
Ruby

Native Language: Hindi,Tamil and English
raji is on a distinguished road
Translation check

Hi,

I have tried my hand in translating a story to spanish.
Would like to verify.

Long ago there lived an evil king called Kamsa.
One day, as he was driving the chariot of his newly wed sister Devaki and her husband Vasudeva, an unseen voice proclaimed,
"Kamsa, you are such a fool! You do not know that the eighth child of this sister will KILL you."
Kamsa immediately drew his sword to kill Devaki. Vasudeva, to protect his wife,promised Kamsa that he would hand over all his babies to Kamsa immediately after their birth.As their children were born in the Mathura prison Devaki and Vasudeva gave them to Kamsa. He killed their first six baby boys. The seventh son, Balarama was transferred from Devaki to Rohini,another wife of Maharaja Vasudeva in Gokula.

Había una vez vivía un rey malvado llamada “Kamsa”.Un día mientras conduciendo el carro de su racíen casada hermana Devaki y su marido Vasudeva un voz invisible <<proclaimed>> “¡ Kamsa, Eres tal tonto!
No sabes que el octavo niño de su hermana le matará!.Vasudeva para proteger su esposa prometió al Kamsa que él entregarálo todos sus niños immediamente despúes de sus nacimiento.Cuando sus niños nacío en la cárcel en Mathura Devaki y Vasudeva diolos al Kamsa.él mató primero seis niños. El séptimo niño, Balarama <<was transferred>> al Rohini, otra esposa de Rey Vasudeva en Gokula.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 04, 2010, 06:55 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raji View Post
Hi,

I have tried my hand in translating a story to spanish.
Would like to verify.

Long ago there lived an evil king called Kamsa.
One day, as he was driving the chariot of his newly wed sister Devaki and her husband Vasudeva, an unseen voice proclaimed,
"Kamsa, you are such a fool! You do not know that the eighth child of this sister will KILL you."
Kamsa immediately drew his sword to kill Devaki. Vasudeva, to protect his wife,promised Kamsa that he would hand over all his babies to Kamsa immediately after their birth.As their children were born in the Mathura prison Devaki and Vasudeva gave them to Kamsa. He killed their first six baby boys. The seventh son, Balarama was transferred from Devaki to Rohini,another wife of Maharaja Vasudeva in Gokula.

Había una vez vivía un rey malvado llamada “Kamsa”.Un día mientras conduciendo el carro de su racíen casada hermana Devaki y su marido Vasudeva un voz invisible <<proclaimed>> “¡ Kamsa, Eres tal tonto!
No sabes que el octavo niño de su hermana le matará!.Vasudeva para proteger su esposa prometió al Kamsa que él entregarálo todos sus niños immediamente despúes de sus nacimiento.Cuando sus niños nacío en la cárcel en Mathura Devaki y Vasudeva diolos al Kamsa.él mató primero seis niños. El séptimo niño, Balarama <<was transferred>> al Rohini, otra esposa de Rey Vasudeva en Gokula.
My attempt:

Hace mucho tiempo, había un malvado rey llamado Kamsa.

Un día, mientras conducía el carro de su hermana Devaki, recién casada, y de su marido, Vasudeva, una voz invisible exclamó: “¡Kamsa, eres tan tonto! No sabes que el octavo hijo de esta hermana tuya te matará”.

Inmediatamente, Kamsa desenvainó su espada para matar a Devaki. Vasudeva, para proteger a su mujer, prometió a Kamsa que le entregaría a todos sus hijos tras su nacimiento. Cuando los niños nacían en la prisión de Mathura, Devaki y Vasudeva se los entregaban a Kamsa. Éste mató a los primeros seis niños varones. Al séptimo, Balarama, Devaki se lo entregó a Rohini, otra esposa del Rey Vasudeva en Gokula.

Difficult to translate "transfer" a child, you can't say "transferir". I think that you meant. "Se hizo pasar al séptimo hijde Devaki como si fuera hijo de Rohini".

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: