Old March 01, 2010, 07:32 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
Tiengasse is on a distinguished road
Secret Confession of mine

A while back, while I was still rocky on spanish. (I'm still rocky I guess. But I was even more rocky then.) Anyways, I was talking to some immigrants in my home town(we've got plenty. The more the merrier. )

Before I continue, I should tell you guys that at the time I was learning german and spanish at the same time. ON that particular date, I had just gotten through a particularly brutal session with my classes. But I was feeling confident, too. So I struck up a conversation with a nice little chicano lady at the bus stop who didn't speak english.

Well, the confession is that german and spanish make an interesting mix. The conversation was--interesting, to say the least. But one phrase that I said that I can remember struck me, because I remember thinking at the time how beautiful it sounded. I was attempted to speak in spanish only, but german kept creeping into the conversation. The phrase was "todos". I was attempting to say: "All the lovely ladies here" and I ended up saying, "Las todos alles anderes mujeres." Like a lightning bolt, I was struck at how beautiful the phrase Todos alles anderes seemed to me.

My confession is that somehow I got it into my head to drop the phrase into conversation and online, hoping--No, PRAYING, that somehow the spanish culture will pick up the phrase. Haha, silly of me, isn't it? Alles anderes means pretty much the same thing that todos means. But even if it's in a slang sub-culture of just 5 people, my secret fantasy is that a hundred years from now, maybe somehow it'll creep into the spanish language. Cross pollination and all that. Seems silly doesn't it?

Haha. Well, I'm not even a native speaker. And germany and mexico are on two different continents. But I can still have me dreams, can't I? Y mi sueños era todos alles anderes que tengo, verdad?

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 01, 2010, 08:49 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés
bobjenkins is on a distinguished road
Quizás hayas plateado la petita de un nuevo idioma! Alespañol
Old March 02, 2010, 01:02 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
Quizás hayas plateado la petita de un nuevo idioma! Alespañol
¿Plantado la pepita? Me ha costado un rato adivinarlo.
Old March 02, 2010, 01:21 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
¿Plantado la pepita? Me ha costado un rato adivinarlo.
Platear la pepita
Plant the seed

O plantar la pepita

Last edited by bobjenkins; March 02, 2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old March 02, 2010, 03:14 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Español
irmamar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
Platear la pepita
Plant the seed

O plantar la pepita
Platear: cubrir con plata.
Plantar: seed.
Pepita: pip (semilla grande, como de melón).
Semilla: seed.
Old March 02, 2010, 03:34 AM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Platear: cubrir con plata.
Plantar: seed.
Pepita: pip (semilla grande, como de melón).
Semilla: seed.
Oh gracias
Old March 02, 2010, 12:26 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiengasse View Post
A while back, while I was still rocky on spanish. (I'm still rocky I guess. But I was even more rocky then.) Anyways, I was talking to some immigrants in my home town(we've got plenty. The more the merrier. )

Before I continue, I should tell you guys that at the time I was learning german and spanish at the same time. ON that particular date, I had just gotten through a particularly brutal session with my classes. But I was feeling confident, too. So I struck up a conversation with a nice little chicano lady at the bus stop who didn't speak english.

Well, the confession is that german and spanish make an interesting mix. The conversation was--interesting, to say the least. But one phrase that I said that I can remember struck me, because I remember thinking at the time how beautiful it sounded. I was attempted to speak in spanish only, but german kept creeping into the conversation. The phrase was "todos". I was attempting to say: "All the lovely ladies here" and I ended up saying, "Las todos alles anderes mujeres." Like a lightning bolt, I was struck at how beautiful the phrase Todos alles anderes seemed to me.

My confession is that somehow I got it into my head to drop the phrase into conversation and online, hoping--No, PRAYING, that somehow the spanish culture will pick up the phrase. Haha, silly of me, isn't it? Alles anderes means pretty much the same thing that todos means. But even if it's in a slang sub-culture of just 5 people, my secret fantasy is that a hundred years from now, maybe somehow it'll creep into the spanish language. Cross pollination and all that. Seems silly doesn't it?

Haha. Well, I'm not even a native speaker. And germany and mexico are on two different continents. But I can still have me dreams, can't I? Y mi sueños era todos alles anderes que tengo, verdad?

Very nice your story when you said it, I guess that you get an embarrassment in in your mind with the bellas mujeres of the bus.

I like the way that you drive the situation at the moment, really I can see that you although not be a speaker in Spanish, you're able to cross a conversation with people of another folks or countries.

Look your experience is very nice and I figure that you should to be a actor by the way that you acting in the fact.

Please you should continue improving yourself the Spanish.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: