Old December 09, 2011, 11:49 AM
Ruby

mikemacabre is on a distinguished road
¡Saludos!

Saludos todos!

Yo estoy aqui porque yo querro aprende espanol. Yo sabe porqito perro yo quierro habla y escribe correcto tambien.

I hope I said it correctly. Corrections on my greetings help =)

I really want to learn how to speak spanish correctly.. not just to speak it but to read and write it aswell. The reason I want to learn is for jobs and to communicate with people who just speak spanish. I live in San Antonio, TX and if you are bilingual you get paid more and there has been a few times where people needed help and me being hispanic and not being able to help them.. i sorta feel ashamed. A lot of people here just speak spanish like at local restaurants their waitresses speak just spanish and i feel so informal cause I'm only able to speak to them in just english.. and a lot of them are beautiful hahaha so i don't have a shot hahaha

Currently I can speak more than I can read and write. I know my spelling is bad. There are times when I see a sentence in spanish I'm able to read it and fully understand what is said, but there are times where I can read a sentence and I can pick up moreless what is being said but there are a few words that I do not know so I use google translator on the word I do not know to better understand whats being said. I want to break away from using google translator cause I will not have that tool when i conversate in person with another. I know my grammer in spanish is really bad but I'm motivated to learn. I'm currently using Rosetta Stone to learn spanish. I just started using that program and what brought me to this forum was the difference between medico and doctor.. which i found my answer. So i checked to see if the forum was still active since it was an old but very helpful thread. So I decided to sign up.

perdoname por la libro que yo acabo escribe <-- Correct? "Forgive me for the book I just wrote."

Last edited by Rusty; December 09, 2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: removed link

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 09, 2011, 12:15 PM
Pearl

Native Language: Español
Don José is on a distinguished road
Perdóname por el libro que (yo) acabo de escribir (if you are talking to one person).

But hopefully there will be several persons reading your post . So:

Perdonadme por el libro que acabo de escribir.

If you don't use "yo", it sounds more natural.

Saludos a todos!

Yo estoy aquí porque yo querro aprende* espanol quiero aprender español. Yo sabe porqito perro yo quierro habla y escribe correcto tambien.
sé poquito pero quiero hablar y escribir correctamente también.

* In Spanish, infinitives always end in "r" ("ar", "er" or "ir")

Welcome.
Old December 09, 2011, 12:38 PM
Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don José View Post
Perdóname por el libro que (yo) acabo de escribir (if you are talking to one person).

But hopefully there will be several persons reading your post . So:

Perdonadme por el libro que acabo de escribir.

If you don't use "yo", it sounds more natural.
got it!

Quote:

Saludos a todos!
I knew my greeting was off. Appreciate the correction.

Quote:
Yo estoy aquí porque yo querro aprende* espanol quiero aprender español. Yo sabe porqito perro yo quierro habla y escribe correcto tambien.
sé poquito pero quiero hablar y escribir correctamente también.

* In Spanish, infinitives always end in "r" ("ar", "er" or "ir")
man I was way off on that. I learned from It now to remember it. Thanks

Quote:
Perdóname aquí español sé también.
Question.. Since I want to learn how to write it correctly... the spanish words above. How do I get my keyboard to do "é" "ó" "í" "ñ" without having to copy and paste it from somewhere?

Quote:
Welcome.
Thanks!
Old December 09, 2011, 12:54 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemacabre View Post
Since I want to learn how to write it correctly... the Spanish words above. How do I get my keyboard to do "é" "ó" "í" "ñ" without having to copy and paste it from somewhere?
Thanks!
There's an 'Accents' drop-down menu just above where you type. Use it to insert all the special characters you'll need.

Welcome to the forums!
Old December 09, 2011, 12:57 PM
Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
There's an 'Accents' drop-down menu just above where you type. Use it to insert all the special characters you'll need.

Welcome to the forums!
I see it and thanks
Old December 09, 2011, 01:07 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
No hay de qué.

Not to disparage the usage in Spain (and no offense meant to Don José), but someone from Texas would use another plural form instead of vosotros. So, instead of the imperative perdonadme (the second-person plural form), you would use perdónenme (the third-person plural form).
Old December 09, 2011, 05:33 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Saludos todos!

Yo estoy aqui porque yo querro aprende espanol. Yo sabe porqito perro yo quierro habla y escribe correcto tambien.

I hope I said it correctly. Corrections on my greetings help =)

I really want to learn how to speak spanish correctly.. not just to speak it but to read and write it aswell. The reason I want to learn is for jobs and to communicate with people who just speak spanish. I live in San Antonio, TX and if you are bilingual you get paid more and there has been a few times where people needed help and me being hispanic and not being able to help them.. i sorta feel ashamed. A lot of people here just speak spanish like at local restaurants their waitresses speak just spanish and i feel so informal cause I'm only able to speak to them in just english.. and a lot of them are beautiful hahaha so i don't have a shot hahaha

Currently I can speak more than I can read and write. I know my spelling is bad. There are times when I see a sentence in spanish I'm able to read it and fully understand what is said, but there are times where I can read a sentence and I can pick up moreless what is being said but there are a few words that I do not know so I use google translator on the word I do not know to better understand whats being said. I want to break away from using google translator cause I will not have that tool when i conversate in person with another. I know my grammer in spanish is really bad but I'm motivated to learn. I'm currently using Rosetta Stone to learn spanish. I just started using that program and what brought me to this forum was the difference between medico and doctor.. which i found my answer. So i checked to see if the forum was still active since it was an old but very helpful thread. So I decided to sign up.

perdoname por la libro que yo acabo escribe <-- Correct? "Forgive me for the book I just wrote."

Hey what's up then you said the waitresses are very beautiful in the border right, you tell me that outright hahahah, I know that women are very special in the United States hahaha, well I beat the English too more less like you with the Spanish, I'm motivated to learn the language, because with my job is necessary to know English at least in technical form, I'm Engineer in Servers and everything software comes in English wrote, as you will got it, my situation is similar to your situation, then we can together get help, you with your improve in Spanish and me in English, sometimes and well not sometimes all the days I need with who practice my skill the folks don't help me much in the chatroom already they are convinced that they are first and the last I am.

That is not cool for me cause I don't be rudeness with someone already here I have learnt almost everything I know just now, and yes I can get better for myself for I have to walk up a long way before to reach that level to me.

Then if you are interested to help me, I will be grateful.

Greetings man.

And you be care with the waitresses in the hotels, they are best of the world.
Old December 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
Ruby

One hand washing the other and together they wash the face.. I like that Crotalito. Sounds like a deal. \m/ I have a lot of respect cause were you are at. You were able to reply to me in English. I could barely do two sentence haha You can hold a conversation I can't wait to be were you are at but with Spanish.
Old December 14, 2011, 08:33 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One hand washing the other and together they wash the face.. I like that Crotalito. Sounds like a deal. \m/ I have a lot of respect cause were you are at. You were able to reply to me in English. I could barely do two sentence haha You can hold a conversation I can't wait to be were you are at but with Spanish.
Honestly I'm able to hold a conversation completely in English, although sometimes I tend to forget the words completely that is sudden for me, because I have studied that words during a long time, and I have took in serious this for me, I like to have a big motivation in my soul for example, I have though to be a great speaker someday, although I'm know aware that never in my whole life I will be perfect in this language that is impossible.

Now we can was us the face with the words, and I can teach you Spanish if you want it.

I will waiting for you commentary.

Regards.
Old December 15, 2011, 06:03 AM
Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
I'm know aware that never in my whole life I will be perfect in this language that is impossible.
English is my primary and my grammar is incorrect haha, but I think you will. You seem that motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Now we can was us the face with the words
That is the only sentence I did not understand.

I've never really had that passion you have until recently. Each day I learn new words or learn how spell a word in Spanish that I had already knew. A lot of people were I live can speak Spanish but can not write it. Its weird. They can not speak it well or correctly but enough to get them by.

Last edited by mikemacabre; December 15, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: