Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Intermediate Spanish 'Book' and 'CD' course

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old February 13, 2012, 07:16 AM
Opal

Spain is on a distinguished road
Intermediate Spanish 'Book' and 'CD' course

Hola.

Can anyone recommend a good book and CD (or pdf & mp3) course to help me improve my Spanish.
My level is more or less intermediate. When I was in England I started using 'BBC Suenos Spanish 2' which seemed okay - but I left England soon after and had to return it to the library.

Well gracias in advance. Of course downloads preferable for 2 reasons: I'm porbrecito and also when living an unsettled lifestyle - pdf and mp3's are the way to go - can't be hulking books and cd's around.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 17, 2012, 09:57 PM
Pearl

Native Language: English
caliber1 is on a distinguished road
podcasts. If you have iTunes, search "intermediate Spanish" and a bunch of stuff will come up. Many of them have samples of anywhere from five to twenty minutes without subcribing. Good luck. Welcome to the forums.
Old March 05, 2012, 07:23 AM
Opal

Spain is on a distinguished road
Hola. Thanks for the reply.

But, I don't have iTunes and also podcasts don't usually come with a "book" or similar. I need more than simply just the listening - as I can do that with the TV and radio here. Hence I need to follow a "course" of some description - including reading and writing.
Old March 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
Opal

ooo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spain View Post
Hola. Thanks for the reply.

But, I don't have iTunes and also podcasts don't usually come with a "book" or similar. I need more than simply just the listening - as I can do that with the TV and radio here. Hence I need to follow a "course" of some description - including reading and writing.
iTunes is free. Go to itunes.com.

Some of the popular podcasts have free downloadable PDFs on their webcasts. Spanish in 10, or Coffee Spanish, both do, I think.

You could also watch Destinos online, and buy the companion book. It's an old Spanish language TV program that now often airs on PBS.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: