Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

My rant... corrections please.

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old December 04, 2009, 10:00 AM
Ruby

ItsThaMonsta is on a distinguished road
My rant... corrections please.

¡Finalmente! Hoy es viernes. Pero todo no es buen. Todavia, tengo que hacer mucho cosas. Quiero que fiesta pero tengo que llamar a esta muchacha y espere por ella para llega a mi casa y ayudame con mi pelo. ( i really want to say she has to 'take my braids out'.) Esto es va a durar tanto tiempo que probablamente no voy a poder fiesta esta noche. En todo caso.... eso no es la ultimo de mis problemas. Primero, estaba contento sobre ir casa a michigan para ver mi madre y los restos de mi familia.... pero estaré allí por nueve días..... nueve días!... Sabes cuánto cuesta para alquilar un carro por nueve días? Voy a decirtelo... cuesta... demasiado dinero, eso es cuánto... Pero, es mi madre. Así lo qué puedo hacer? Nada.... Prefiero para ir a Puerto Rico. Debes hacerme un favor.... por favor... decirle a mi familia que voy a ir a Puerto Rico en lugar de. Gracious. Usted es mi realmente gran amigo. (sarcasm).

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 04, 2009, 05:38 PM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsThaMonsta View Post
¡Finalmente! hoy es viernes! Pero todo no es buen bueno. Todavía, tengo que hacer mucho muchas cosas. Quiero que ir de fiesta pero tengo que llamar a esta una muchacha y espere por ella para llega esperar a que llegue a mi casa y ayudarme con mi pelo. ( i really want to say she has to 'take my braids out' = tiene que hacerme unas trenzas.) Esto es va a durar tanto tiempo que probablamente no voy a poder ir de fiesta esta noche. En todo caso.... eso no es la ultimo (¿? "la" is a feminin, "último" is a masculin. There has to be a correspondence) el último de mis problemas. Primero, estaba contento sobre ir casa a Michigan para ver mi madre y los restos el resto de mi familia.... pero estaré allí por nueve días..... ¡nueve días!... ¿Sabes cuánto cuesta para alquilar un carro por nueve días? Voy a decírtelo... cuesta... demasiado dinero, eso es cuánto lo que cuesta... Pero, es mi madre. Así lo qué puedo hacer? Así que ¿qué puedo hacer? Nada.... Prefiero para ir a Puerto Rico. Debes hacerme un favor.... por favor... decirle Dile a mi familia que voy a ir a Puerto Rico en lugar de ir a Michigan. Gracious. Usted es mi realmente mi gran amigo. (sarcasm).

In Spanish, if you want to talk about "this girl", you have to have talked about her first. It's never as general as it is in English.

"Fiesta" is not a verb in Spanish: "ir de fiesta" (to go partying), "ir a una fiesta" (to go to a party), "estar en una fiesta" (to be in a party).

If you say "los restos de mi familia", they're dead and you're going to see the corpses.

Please make an effort to place accents, capital letters and opening question and exclamation marks in their right places. You'll understand and be understood much better like that.
Old December 04, 2009, 06:33 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
The capital letter and the accent are a trouble sometimes when you aren't accustomed with the letters and words.

But you're right Angelica, we should to use more the accent and capital letter.

Good point.
Old December 07, 2009, 07:46 AM
Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
In Spanish, if you want to talk about "this girl", you have to have talked about her first. It's never as general as it is in English.

"Fiesta" is not a verb in Spanish: "ir de fiesta" (to go partying), "ir a una fiesta" (to go to a party), "estar en una fiesta" (to be in a party).

If you say "los restos de mi familia", they're dead and you're going to see the corpses.

Please make an effort to place accents, capital letters and opening question and exclamation marks in their right places. You'll understand and be understood much better like that.
Gracious. Todo tiene sentido except "esperar a que llegue".... ¿Puedes ayudarme con eso?
Old December 07, 2009, 09:38 AM
Obsidiana

Native Language: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
I think someone else will be able to provide a more detailed explanation, but it's the standard construction for "esperar" when it means not to act until something happens.

Espero a que Juan llegue para irnos a la fiesta.
I'm waiting for Juan to arrive so we'll go to the party.

No esperes a que llueva para reparar el techo.
Don't wait till it rains to fix the roof.
Old December 07, 2009, 09:42 AM
Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicaDeAlquezar View Post
I think someone else will be able to provide a more detailed explanation, but it's the standard construction for "esperar" when it means not to act until something happens.

Espero a que Juan llegue para irnos a la fiesta.
I'm waiting for Juan to arrive so we'll go to the party.

No esperes a que llueva para reparar el techo.
Don't wait till it rains to fix the roof.
Ok... no explanation needed if that is just how it is. I have to just get accustomed to seeing and hearing it like that. Thanks again.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: