Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Teaching and Learning Techniques

Comprehension, Closed Captioning and Programming

Teaching methodology, learning techniques, linguistics-- any of the various aspect of learning or teaching a foreign language.

Old July 07, 2013, 07:43 AM
Opal

Native Language: English
David in Mexico is on a distinguished road
Comprehension, Closed Captioning and Programming

One of my biggest weaknesses is trying to understand conversations in Spanish when they are spoken rapidly. To help this, I've found a couple of telenovelas on Telemundo that have Closed Captioning in both Spanish and English. Listening to the conversations while watching the CC in Spanish is really helping my comprehension. The two I've found are El Señor de los Cielos and Pasión Prohibida.

On an artistic level, they're not quite up there with Juan Rulfo or Leo Tolstoy, but they are entertaining enough to keep you interested.

If anyone knows of any other programs that are in Spanish and CC in Spanish, would you please post them on this thread.

Thanks

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old July 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Mexico View Post
One of my biggest weaknesses is trying to understand conversations in Spanish when they are spoken rapidly. To help this, I've found a couple of telenovelas on Telemundo that have Closed Captioning in both Spanish and English. Listening to the conversations while watching the CC in Spanish is really helping my comprehension. The two I've found are El Señor de los Cielos and Pasión Prohibida.

On an artistic level, they're not quite up there with Juan Rulfo or Leo Tolstoy, but they are entertaining enough to keep you interested.

If anyone knows of any other programs that are in Spanish and CC in Spanish, would you please post them on this thread.

Thanks

¡Ay, jalisco no te rajes!
Me sale del alma gritar con calor,
Abrir todo el pecho pa' echar este grito:
¡qué lindo es jalisco, palabra de honor!

Hola David(dah-VEDD) Yo también me llamo David a.k.a. Villa.
I was in Jalisco for 3 months one time living with a Mexican family.
Also got a scholarship and went to school in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato and lived with a Mexican family there. I'm Anglo Amrican living in California but I took 18 classes of Spanish over the years including the history of Mexico two times, the history of Spain, the history of the Spanish language, Mexican and Spanish from Spain literature. I married to a Spanish speaker. Been to Cuba two times también.

I started watching Mexican, Argentinian, Venezuelan and Colombian soap operas years ago and found it was the best way to learn Spanish and find out about Mexican and hispanic culture in general. Have also watched movies from Cuba, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Colombia and Spain.

I watch 4 Mexican soap operas 5 nights a week starting at 7:00 P.M. and ending at 10:00 P.M. If I'm out I record them and watch them later.

Tengo muchas novelas on DVD. I just bought this one below for only $4.00 which is over 9 hours long
with of course no anuncios. If you don't understand something you can rewind. I also take notes a veces.

Last edited by Rusty; July 07, 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: removed superfluous information around the links
Old July 08, 2013, 06:36 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
David in Mexico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villa View Post
Tengo muchas novelas on DVD. I just bought this one below for only $4.00 which is over 9 hours long
with of course no anuncios. If you don't understand something you can rewind. I also take notes a veces.

Thanks Villa. I just found another one on Telemundo that is CC. Se llama Dama y Obero. Los primeros capitulos no tienen CC, pero casi todos sí tienen.
Old July 10, 2013, 04:17 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Mexico View Post
Thanks Villa. I just found another one on Telemundo that is CC. Se llama Dama y Obero. Los primeros capitulos no tienen CC, pero casi todos sí tienen.
De nada, David. Mi tía vivió en Chapala con otros estadounidenses. Muy pocos estadounidenses aprenden o tratan de aprender español en México según ella, así que te felicito por tratar de aprender español. El lago de Chapala está en ambos lados de Jalisco y Michoacán. He estado en ambos lados.

Last edited by Rusty; July 10, 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: removed superfluous info

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: