Old March 21, 2013, 01:18 PM
Opal

Native Language: English
kirk1 is on a distinguished road
Hola

Hola. I have been participating in a Spanish language forum for over a year and decided to expand my horizons. I am an retired engineer and dabbled at Spanish some for a few years. I decided to get a little more serious about my studies and enrolled at a local universitiy. In my Spanish classes, I am called Ricardo. The classes that I have been in and the profesoras (yes, so far profesoras) have been great. The professors that I have studied with so far are very, very fluent in English but, thankfully are native Spanish speakers.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old March 21, 2013, 01:30 PM
Ruby

Native Language: spanish
nativespanish is on a distinguished road
Hi Ricardo

I´m new here too. My native language is Spanish. I want to improve my english. I use to translate literally from Spanish to English and I have not a fluent English. I´d like to improve my english and we could help each other. I´m a sensible and serious person living in Madrid and I´d like to chat with someone via Skype or something like that. Now my eldest daughter is learning english (her 6th or 7th try) and I have to pay an american teacher who comes home twice per week (quite expensive). I want to improve my english, but for free if it´s possible.

Thank you in advance
Old March 21, 2013, 06:42 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativespanish View Post
Hi Ricardo

I´m new here too. My native language is Spanish. I want to improve my English. I used to translate literally from Spanish to English and I am not fluent in English. I´d like to improve my English and we could help each other. I´m a sensible and serious person living in Madrid and I´d like to chat with someone via Skype or something like that. Now my eldest daughter is learning English (her 6th or 7th try) and I have to pay an American teacher who comes to my house twice per week (quite expensive). I want to improve my English, but for free if it´s possible.

Thank you in advance
Tomísimo te puede ayudar. A mí me ayudó. Aunque mi español parece chapurreado, es mucho mejor que antes, y el foro tiene algo de ver con mi mejoramiento. Tu inglés parece bastante bien para leer. Leas algo en inglés que te interesa y marqueas las palabras usos del idioma que te confunden. Los puede presentarlos al foro. Casi siempre hay gente que pueden ayudarte gratis.
Old March 24, 2013, 01:40 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forums, Kirk!
Old March 24, 2013, 04:22 PM
Emerald

Native Language: inglés y español).
Villa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1 View Post
Hola. I have been participating in a Spanish language forum for over a year and decided to expand my horizons. I am an retired engineer and dabbled at Spanish some for a few years. I decided to get a little more serious about my studies and enrolled at a local universitiy. In my Spanish classes, I am called Ricardo. The classes that I have been in and the profesoras (yes, so far profesoras) have been great. The professors that I have studied with so far are very, very fluent in English but, thankfully are native Spanish speakers.
Hola Kirk, ¿Qué tal amigo?

Un gran cordial bienvenida para ti a nuestro foro amigable. Pase por el lounge estamos sirviendo café y donuts/churros. Incluso tenemos café cubano fuerte servido en las tazas de café que se parecen a pequeños juguetes de los niños.
Estoy bromeando. En serio, bienvenido a nuestra fourm. Que tu estancia entre nosotros sea interesante y divertido como lo es para mí.

A proposito/BTW, ¿Hablas el inglés con el acento sureño de Carolina del Sur que me gusta?

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: