Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 12, 2008, 12:11 PM
Opal

Native Language: US English
El Nino is on a distinguished road
Hola todos

¡Hola, todos! Firstly, let me say I am so glad to have found this rich site! I am not online a lot, but lately when I am I have been checking in here. Several friends at work are Latin American and speak Spanish as well as English, so I thought I would put in the time and work and see if I could do the same! I have met a few people from Honduras, Guatemala, Columbia, and the Dominican Republic, but since most of the Spanish speaking people I know are from Mexico, that is where my main interest (of culture, holidays, and regional dialect stuff) lies. I am taking Spanish 1, and so I am pretty much at the speaking level of a nino (though I may be taking that a bit too far by watching Plaza Sésamo, and having some arrorros on my mp3 player). I really enjoy learning Spanish by reading “dual language books” like My First Spanish Reader by Angel Flores. I think that participating here will greatly improve my Spanish (especially the ever confounding accent mark!). Please feel free to correct my Spanish at anytime.

Dejarme decir que estoy alegre he encontrado este sito rico. Unos amigos de mio son de honduras, guatemala, columbia, y republico dominico pero casi todos son de mexico. Por eso, mi foco es en esta país. Lo siento por mi pobre español. Yo estaré mejor. Gracias.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: