Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture

Naked babies in Mexico

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Old February 10, 2009, 10:13 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Yes, as you say in Mexico there are much stories above spirits, and scary stories, but it depend of each state of my country, for example where I'm living almost not there is stories above any weird event or some seem to spirits, but on Guadalajara or Guerrero, the folk speaks much above stories very interest above people died ago years during the revolution or inclusive during the epidemic time, I don't remind each story said for the people, but the most story from the Llorona, and also there are stories in the highways, where people who are driving above the roads of my country, the spirits appear in the night asking help them to sundries people during the drive toward sundries states, well, I can't say much above this thread, because I don't know much above stories, but I can telling you that my country has much diversity of cultures from Mayas and through of the last year the stories each time are most said between the old people and parents toward to their children.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 10, 2009, 01:17 PM
rule 1: gravity

Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Yes, as you say, in Mexico there are many stories about spirits, and scary stories, but it changes from state to state in my country. For example, where I'm living almost, there are almost no stories about any weird events or spirits, but in Guadalajara or Guerrero, the folks speak much about stories of people who have died years ago during the revolution or stories about death during times of epidemic. I don't remember each story. Most stories about the Llorona take place on highways in my country. The spirits appear in the night asking help from people during the drive through various states of Mexico. Well, I can't say much about these stories, but I can tell you that my country has much diversity of cultures from Mayan to Aztec. The stories are mostly told among the old people and parents to their children.
----------------------
Jorge the word sundried means varied, but it is not used often. People
will understand you better if you use words like: various, variety,varied. -- just like in Spanish
Old February 10, 2009, 01:53 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Thank you, I have took note above your commentaries, I will write variety then.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: