Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations

Help with introduction

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old February 04, 2010, 07:16 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Hindi,Tamil and English
raji is on a distinguished road
Help with introduction

Hola a todos!

I am writting an introduction about myself in spanish and need some help here. Want to know my mistakes..

This is my original english text that am going to translate.

<<I am working as a software engineer.Learning new languages has always been fun for me and Spanish is my first attempt at a foreign language.I find spanish as the most enchanting language.I got attracted to Spanish through movies, Pedro Almodóvar is my favorite Spanish director and I have seen all his movies. Hable con ella and Mala Educación are some of those which I love to watch countless number of times.I have a blog in which I write articles about Indian culture and indian folk tales in spanish.>>

Yo trabajando como ingeniería de informática.Aprender una nueve lengua ha sido siempre diversión para mí español es mi primera tentativa como idioma extranjera.Conseguí atraído al español con películas.He atraído al español por películas,Pedor Almodovar es mi favorito y visto sus todos películas.Hable con ella y Mala Educación <<are some of those which I love to watch countless number of times.>> Tengo un blog en que escribo artículos sobre cultura de la India y cuentos folclóricos Indianos.

Saludos,
Raji

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old February 04, 2010, 07:32 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
I will write your post in my own words, well I believe that it's the translation of your post, really I believe that you could to follow my attempt and match them if you want.

Estoy trabajando como Ingeniero en sistemas, aprendiendo nuevos lenguajes que siempre han sido divertidos para mi y mi primer intento con el Español en un lenguage extranjero. Encuentro el Español como lo mas adecuado para mi. Obtuve y atraje el language atravez de las peliculas de pedro Almolovar, es mi director favorito, y he visto todas sus peliculas, son algunas de las cual amo ver incontables numeros de veces. Tengo un blog en cual escribo articulos acerca de la cultura India cuentos de raza en Español.

That's was my attempt, I hope that can help you.

Last edited by Rusty; February 04, 2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: removed broken quotation
Old February 04, 2010, 08:41 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Spanish
alx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by raji View Post
Hola a todos!

I am writting an introduction about myself in spanish and need some help here. Want to know my mistakes..

This is my original english text that am going to translate.

<<I am working as a software engineer.Learning new languages has always been fun for me and Spanish is my first attempt at a foreign language.I find spanish as the most enchanting language.I got attracted to Spanish through movies, Pedro Almodóvar is my favorite Spanish director and I have seen all his movies. Hable con ella and Mala Educación are some of those which I love to watch countless number of times.I have a blog in which I write articles about Indian culture and indian folk tales in spanish.>>

Yo trabajando como ingeniería de informática.Aprender una nueve lengua ha sido siempre diversión para mí español es mi primera tentativa como idioma extranjero.Conseguí atraído al español con películas.He atraído al español por películas,Pedor Almodovar es mi favorito y he visto todas sus películas.Hable con ella y Mala Educación <<are some of those which I love to watch countless number of times.>> Tengo un blog en el que escribo artículos sobre cultura de la India y cuentos folclóricos Indianos.

Saludos,
Raji
Hello, here's my attempt:

Trabajo como ingeniero de software (en sistemas | en informática). Aprender una nueva lengua (un nuevo idioma) siempre ha sido divertido para mí y el español es mi primer intento como lengua extranjera. El español me parece una lengua encantadora. Me sentí atraido(a) hacia el español a través de las películas, Pedro Almodóvar es mi director español favorito y he visto todas sus películas. "Hable con ella" y "La mala educación" son algunas de esas películas que me encanta ver incontables veces. Tengo un blog en el cual escribo artículos en español acerca de la cultura de la India y cuentos populares indios.

Some mistakes in red, feel free to ask for those.
I've changed some sentences but I tried to maintain their original meaning.
That's all, regards.

Last edited by alx; February 04, 2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old February 04, 2010, 11:52 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Hindi,Tamil and English
raji is on a distinguished road
Isn't Software Engineer ingeniería informática?
Old February 05, 2010, 01:38 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Inglés (en-gb)
pjt33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's "information engineering", roughly. The word I use to describe myself is informático, but sometimes you have to clarify that that's in the sense of desarrollador de software because it's a very broad term.
Old February 05, 2010, 06:15 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not here in my country I know that the career Software Engineer is Ingenieron en Sistemas.

The Ingenieron en Sistemas, only he sees the develop of the software in the companies and some place where they need a programmer and also they tend to do the use of the PLC's

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: