Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Teaching & Learning > Culture
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Latin American Spanish vs Mexican Spanish

Questions about culture and cultural differences between countries and languages.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
Opal

KeilanS is on a distinguished road
Latin American Spanish vs Mexican Spanish

Hello all, I am going to Mexico for a few days a month from now, and would like to be moderately prepared with at least the most common phrases. I have a Spanish textbook from a university course, but I also wanted a phrasebook for those random things I might need to say. So I picked up a Latin American Spanish phrasebook. However, upon getting home, it says on the back tha tfor Mexico, I should have bought their Mexican Spanish phrasebook. Is this going to be a problem? I don't care if my sayings are all perfect, but I want them to be easy to understand, and most of all, not offensive (someone told me about a word that means "take" in spain but "have sex with" in Latin America, I'd like to avoid that). So for someone with experience... should I return the Latin American book? Thanks, -Keilan

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: