#1  
Old June 08, 2010, 09:47 AM
ROBINDESBOIS's Avatar
ROBINDESBOIS ROBINDESBOIS is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,910
ROBINDESBOIS is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb To frame / enmarcar

Is this sentence correct?

Before talking directly about the Nominal group I´d like to frame it within the sentence.

Antes de hablar de lleno del GP, me gustaría enmarcarlo dentro de la frase.

Last edited by AngelicaDeAlquezar; June 08, 2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Merged threads on the same topic
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old June 08, 2010, 10:13 AM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
Is this sentence correct?

Before talking directly about the Nominal group I´d like to frame it within the sentence.

Antes de hablar de lleno del GP, me gustaría enmarcarlo dentro de la frase.
It looks grammatically correct to me, but I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 09, 2010, 04:39 AM
ROBINDESBOIS's Avatar
ROBINDESBOIS ROBINDESBOIS is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,910
ROBINDESBOIS is on a distinguished road
Well, that is to talk about Noun group and first to frame them within the sentence, that is to lacate them, to say where they go etc,...
Does frame make sense here?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 09, 2010, 04:46 AM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
Well, that is to talk about Noun group and first to frame them within the sentence, that is to lacate them, to say where they go etc,...
Does frame make sense here?
It sort of makes sense, but I would say 'incorporate them in a sentence' or 'show them within the context of a whole sentence'.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
JPablo's Avatar
JPablo JPablo is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,579
Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINDESBOIS View Post
Before talking directly about the Nominal group I´d like to frame it within the sentence.

Antes de hablar de lleno del GP, me gustaría enmarcarlo dentro de la frase.
I agree with Perikles, but if you wanted to include "frame" in some way, maybe you could say too,

Before talking directly about the Nominal group, I'd like to put it in the framework of the sentence.
(Would that work, in English? Perikles? I.e., would it be understood?)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 11, 2010, 03:18 AM
Perikles's Avatar
Perikles Perikles is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 4,814
Native Language: Inglés
Perikles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPablo View Post
I agree with Perikles, but if you wanted to include "frame" in some way, maybe you could say too,

Before talking directly about the Nominal group, I'd like to put it in the framework of the sentence.
(Would that work, in English? Perikles? I.e., would it be understood?)
Looks pretty good to me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 11, 2010, 09:27 PM
JPablo's Avatar
JPablo JPablo is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,579
Native Language: Spanish (Castilian, peninsular)
JPablo is on a distinguished road
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark this thread at:

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X