Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Grammar

Now tense er, ar , ir verbs

This is the place for questions about conjugations, verb tenses, adverbs, adjectives, word order, syntax and other grammar questions for English or Spanish.

Old December 04, 2010, 07:07 AM
Opal

bahamas is on a distinguished road
Now tense er, ar , ir verbs

Hola socios ! Soy leslie . Yo soy bahameno. yo tengo un pasion para espanol.
Mi pais ribetea ( hope i conjugated this correctly ) dos paises que hablan espanol ( cuba y dominican rep). Yo estoy haciendo genial en espanol en mi academia pero yo no se como cabiar los verbos en el " tiempo ahora" ( in the now tense )

for example

I am going
she is going

i am eating
she is eating

i am planting
she is planting

Pueden ensenarme como cambiar los verbos ( please tell educate me about where i went wrong in this post too.)

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old December 04, 2010, 07:15 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Hello Bahamas:

All you need to do is, to look in the bilingual dictionary how's the verb written in Spanish and look at its conjugation.
Old December 04, 2010, 09:20 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Try http://www.onoma.es/
Old December 04, 2010, 09:23 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamas View Post
¡Hola socios! Soy Leslie. (Yo) Soy bahameño. (Yo) Tengo una pasión para el español.
Mi país limita con dos países de habla hispana (Cuba y República Dominicana). (Yo) estoy haciendo genial en español en mi academia pero (yo) no sé cómo cambiar los verbos al "tiempo ahora" ( in the now tense )

for example

I am going
she is going

i am eating
she is eating

i am planting
she is planting

¿Pueden enseñarme cómo cambiar los verbos? (please tell educate me about where I went wrong in this post too.)
Welcome to the forums!
I corrected several things above, but most of the corrections were for missing tildes (accent marks). When you're typing, look just above the text input box for an 'Accents' drop-down menu. It contains all the special characters you'll need to type in Spanish.

Perhaps, by "now tense," you mean the present progressive/present continuous verb form. Technically, it isn't a tense.
The present continuous is a two-part verb form. The first part is a conjugated form of the verb estar, in the present indicative tense. (The 1st person conjugation is estoy.) The first part is immediately followed by a present participle. This is known as el gerundio in Spanish. To form the present participle, you just change the ending. (There are irregular forms, which you'll learn later.) For verbs ending in -ar, like hablar, the ending becomes -ando (hablar - hablando). For -er and -ir verbs, the ending becomes -iendo (comer - comiendo | vivir - viviendo).
So, putting both parts together, the present continuous form of (yo) como (I eat, I do eat, I'm eating) is estoy comiendo. (Notice I dropped the subject pronoun yo. It isn't necessary.)
Old December 08, 2010, 08:34 PM
Opal

bahamas is on a distinguished road
thanx for the info i appreciate it alot.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: