View Full Version : Pamba loca

lee ying
June 13, 2009, 08:05 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS MEANING INTO ENGLISH.
Do you know it?:crazy::blackeye:

Rusty
June 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
It would be nice to know what it means in Spanish. Then we may be able to provide you with a good English translation.

Elaina
June 13, 2009, 09:37 AM
Well, I know that a Pampa is a palm tree and maybe pampaloca would be a weed that grows wild maybe in the Phillipines.

:thinking:

Rusty
June 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
I know palm tree as palmera. The only pampas I know of are the vast fertile plains in and around Argentina.

Elaina
June 13, 2009, 10:08 AM
Pampa - is a Palm tree that grows mainly in the Phillipines and they use its wood to make chests.......treasure chests :hmm:

Rusty
June 13, 2009, 10:16 AM
Oh, OK. I was thinking in terms of Spanish.

irmamar
June 13, 2009, 10:27 AM
I never heard this word before. It sounds like a mix of Pampa argentina and loca, but surely I'm wrong :confused:

Elaina
June 13, 2009, 10:31 AM
Could be.......

Podría ser......

AngelicaDeAlquezar
June 13, 2009, 01:26 PM
Could it be "pamba loca"? :thinking:

"Pamba" is when many people (a group of friends) hit with their hands open someone's head because he/she has made a mistake. "Pamba loca" is a bit more "aggressive".

bobjenkins
June 13, 2009, 02:48 PM

"Pamba" is when many people (a group of friends) hit with their hands open someone's head because he/she has made a mistake. "Pamba loca" is a bit more "aggressive".

¡qué violencia!!;)

Tomisimo
June 13, 2009, 03:50 PM
Pampaloca I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS MEANING INTO ENGLISH.
Do you know it?:crazy::blackeye:
1. ¿Es una palabra en español?
2. ¿Qué significa en español?

lee ying
June 13, 2009, 05:42 PM

she is right.
no es una palabra en español , la verdad no tengo el significado. pero es cuando un grupo de amigos golpean a alguien en la cabeza por grupos , por hacer errores:D
tambien le dicen pampa con pica hielo para que le duela mas la cabeza al pobre.. creo que han jugado este "juego":crazy:.

CrOtALiTo
June 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
I don't believe that exit the mean into of the English Lee ying.
But I believe that I can help you inventing you a mean about it.

Pamba loca

Crazies knock

¡qué violencia!!;)

Pamba loca para este que anda diciendo que es violento.

I made severals pambas locas in my school.

It's not made with violence.:)

irmamar
June 14, 2009, 12:09 AM
I don't believe that exit the mean into of the English Lee ying.
But I believe that I can help you inventing you a mean about it.

Pamba loca

Crazies knock

Pamba loca para este que anda diciendo que es violento.

I made severals pambas locas in my school.

It's not made with violence.:)

No sé si es violento, pero doloroso...:eek:

AngelicaDeAlquezar
June 14, 2009, 02:20 PM
Aunque nunca falta el abusivo, se hace en plan de juego y no se trata de que nadie salga lastimado... al menos nunca he visto a nadie salir mal de una pamba. :)

Por cierto, a mí también me da curiosidad saber cómo se dice en inglés un "ataque" semejante, que es la pregunta del inicio y aún no ha sido respondida. :D

CrOtALiTo
June 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
No sé si es violento, pero doloroso...:eek:

Well, I can't see much violent in it.:D

Rusty
June 14, 2009, 10:03 PM
A friend may certainly hit another friend on the head for making a mistake, or doing something dumb, but I've never heard of a group of friends planning or participating in such an event.

We have something called a 'dogpile'. This is when a group of friends jumps on top of an unexpecting 'victim'. The person at the bottom of the pile isn't necessarily in danger, unless too much weight is applied. No hitting is done. The person at the bottom usually yells for people to get off before any real damage occurs.

lee ying
June 15, 2009, 06:44 PM
dogpile , es lo mismo que bolita? is it the same that bolita?
Es cuando tiran a una persona al suelo y las personas le van cayendo uno por uno hasta kda bien aplastado.

Rusty
June 15, 2009, 06:59 PM
Lo que escribiste en español explica muy bien lo que es 'dogpile', pero no estoy seguro de que bolita sea la palabra que se usa.

jugar a las bolitas = to play marbles

CrOtALiTo
June 15, 2009, 09:07 PM
Dogpile meaning bolita.

Hey a dogpile for Rusty.

AngelicaDeAlquezar
June 16, 2009, 09:15 AM
@Rusty: "bolita" is dogpile in Mexico. "Canicas" are marbles. :)
"Jugar a las bolitas" here wouldn't be understood as "jugar canicas" ever. :thinking:

Shame that "pamba" doesn't have an equivalent... I was expecting something like "gang slapping". :D

Rusty
June 16, 2009, 09:52 AM
@Rusty: "bolita" is dogpile in Mexico. "Canicas" are marbles. :)
"Jugar a las bolitas" here wouldn't be understood as "jugar canicas" ever. :thinking:

Shame that "pamba" doesn't have an equivalent... I was expecting something like "gang slapping". :DThanks, Malila. Lee Ying's definition of bolita was clear, but I just didn't know it meant dogpile in Mexico.

Canicas and bolitas appear to be synonyms in the dictionary, but country usage prevails.

The term 'gang slapping' would fit, but it isn't something we do in the U.S. (that I know of).

AngelicaDeAlquezar
June 16, 2009, 10:05 AM
I see... I read something wrong. :worried:

You're right about country usage... one doesn't realize how regionalist one is, until Tomísimo forums appear. :D

poli
June 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
La bolita es un juego ilegal (apuestos ilegales).que se puede jugar si les conoce en algunos barberos y bodegas (pequeños almacenes hispanas que venden comidas, periodicos, chicle etc) en Nueva York y New Jersey y imagino en San Juan y Santo Domingo.

Para mi un dog pile es un montón de caca de perro.

CrOtALiTo
June 16, 2009, 11:06 AM
Yes as said before, Poli the Bolita is illegal game in the Mexico, it's commonly used between the people when you want to earn money easily, but if the police get information that you get money of the bolita, they in bolita arrive to your house and then you going to the jail.

poli
June 16, 2009, 11:37 AM
Yes as said before ¿Dicho antes? ¿Donde? Poli the Bolita is illegal game in the Mexico, it's commonly used between the people when you want to earn money easily, but if the police get information that you get money of the bolita, they in bolita arrive to your house and then you going to the jail.
Aunque no estaba mencionada antes por lo menos no lo vi yo en ningun sitio aquí en los foros, es interesante saber que se juege la bolita in Mexico y en Nueva York como escribí antes.

CrOtALiTo
June 16, 2009, 12:07 PM
Aunque no estaba mencionada antes por lo menos no lo vi yo en ningun sitio aquí en los foros, es interesante saber que se juege la bolita in Mexico y en Nueva York como escribí antes.

I guessed it.:D

Want to contribute to this discussion? Have a question of your own? Register for your own free account now!

Copyright © 2004-2008 Tomisimo.org