Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Other Languages (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   accents (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=1510)

Jane June 28, 2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 11252)
Sosia, I'm sure you are the sweetest guy ever. And your description of Jane and me suits us down to a T.

Almost, Gemma, almost.;)
But how did you guess, Sosia? :)
For some reasons, I found the idea of Alfonso as a stiff intellectual very appealing...:applause:
Rusty is the best of the pack, no offence to the other guys...:love:
Elaina, I think should have been a defence attorney...
David, I see as a relatively young version of Cary Grant... a loving daddy, a nice guy...
Poli, a Gorge Clonney with a camera over his neck on the streets of New York, Madrid or anyway in the world.
Crotalito... hmmm.... I don´t know, but we´ll see...
Now, its me that´s rambling...
I´ve had a most pleasant day and a great evening;), so I´m in a great mood. :cool:
Please, pardon me, everyone.:p

Alfonso June 29, 2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poli (Post 11228)
... con más capacidad de auto-decepción (todos sufrimos de esa aflicción) que la típica persona.

I'm sorry Poli, I can't understand what you mean by the words in purple. Will you enlighten me, please?

María José June 29, 2008 08:37 AM

I guess he means self-deception (engañarse a uno mismo)...aunque sea meterme a donde no me llaman.

Alfonso June 29, 2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 11295)
I guess he means self-deception (engañarse a uno mismo)...aunque sea meterme a donde no me llaman.

Autoengaño? So, Gemma, do you think Poli says I'm a delirious person?
It's not that I might be worried about this opinion about me, but it's really intriguing how one could get to that point reading my posts. Anyway, I don't think this is the path...

María José June 29, 2008 11:00 AM

You will have to ask Poli, but I'm sure he didn't mean to call you delirious.
This is not the path, you say, the path to what? Lost again. And don't dismiss me with one of your:"Doesn't matter..."
And can you explain the reason you edited your message? I don't get it. It might be because I just woke up.

Alfonso June 29, 2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 11298)
You will have to ask Poli, but I'm sure he didn't mean to call you delirious.
This is not the path, you say, the path to what? Lost again. And don't dismiss me with one of your:"Doesn't matter..."
And can you explain the reason you edited your message? I don't get it. It might be because I just woke up.

The path to more knowledge, (something I learnt here).
One of my doesn't matter? That's unfair. I never said something like that.
I wrote you think Poli says I'm a delirious person? But I changed it immediately because I'm afraid of your heretic's hammer (literal translation from Spanish). (Do) you know the English expression for this?

María José June 29, 2008 11:36 AM

I don't know the English expression, but what's the Spanish one? Martillo herético?

Alfonso June 29, 2008 11:37 AM

Martillo de herejes (la Inquisición, el Inquisidor General).

María José June 29, 2008 11:44 AM

Never heard that one before. And I cannot think of an equivalent in English.Is that sad or what?:sad:

Alfonso June 29, 2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 11309)
I've never heard that one before. And I cannot think of an equivalent in English. Is that sad or what?:sad:

.... :p