Spanish language learning forums

Spanish language learning forums (http://forums.tomisimo.org/index.php)
-   Grammar (http://forums.tomisimo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Compound prepositional objects (http://forums.tomisimo.org/showthread.php?t=6731)

laepelba January 04, 2010 06:36 PM

Compound prepositional objects

If I want to say ".... with you and your family", does "contigo..." really work?

"Me encantaba pasar tiempo contigo y tu familia." ???

chileno January 04, 2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laepelba (Post 67545)
If I want to say ".... with you and your family", does "contigo..." really work?

"Me encantaba pasar tiempo contigo y tu familia." ???

Yes. :)

No puedes decir con ti o con tú. ;)

laepelba January 04, 2010 06:49 PM

Thanks! :)

ookami January 04, 2010 09:25 PM

Taking in account your signature laepelba, here you would say "Me encantaba pasar tiempo con vos y tu familia." I think is the only option lefting (creo que es la única opción que queda?)

Rusty January 04, 2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ookami (Post 67555)
Taking into account your signature laepelba, here you would say "Me encantaba pasar tiempo con vos y tu familia." I think it's the only option lefting (creo que es la única opción que queda?)

Some corrections. Not all of Latin America uses el voseo. A mí me encanta vosear, pero son pocos los que lo saben por estos lares. :(

bobjenkins January 04, 2010 09:42 PM

Conmigo
Contigo

¿Solamente a esas palabras se las unen, o hay otras?

Con + ella:confused:
Con + él:confused:

ookami January 04, 2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 67556)
Some corrections. Not all of Latin America uses el voseo. A mí me encanta vosear, pero son pocos los que lo saben por estos lares. :(

Thanks Rusty. Yes I know, with "here" I was referring to my country and I know that laepelba likes Uruguay, there it is used, and there are a lot of Argentinians living and travelling to Ur. with huge frequency (actually, I'm going there in less than a month), so I think it'll be usefull for her.

It's difficult to learn the "voseo"?
Ya sabés con quién practicar si querés.

bobjenkins January 04, 2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ookami (Post 67562)
Thanks Rusty. Yes I know, with "here" I was referring to my country and I know that laepelba likes Uruguay, there it is used, and there are a lot of Argentinians living and travelling to Ur. with huge frequency (actually, I'm going there in less than a month), so I think it'll be usefull for her.

El ele no tiene un amigo en usefull :D

Rusty January 04, 2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

... Is it difficult to learn the "voseo"?

No, no es difícil de aprender. Siempre me podés tratar de vos.

@Bob: consigo (used when sí is otherwise used as the prepositional object pronoun)

laepelba January 05, 2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ookami (Post 67555)
Taking in account your signature laepelba, here you would say "Me encantaba pasar tiempo con vos y tu familia." I think is the only option lefting (creo que es la única opción que queda?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 67556)

Quote:

What in the world are you people talking about!? I thought that vosotros was never used in Latin America? I haven't really been learning it for that reason.

And I specifically do not want to say "you (all)" (in the second person plural), I specifically want to say "with you (singular) and your family". How does "vos" fit into that??

And what in the world is "voseo", I thought that the object pronoun for "vosotros" was "vos" (like "nosotros" and "nos").

What!?