View Single Post
Old December 23, 2016, 11:46 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
¡Bienvenido a los foros, Aaron!

I see that wrholt responded before I got finished. I agree with most of what he marked and stated, but perhaps two opinions won't hurt.

Quote:
Hola, me llamo Aaron.

Estoy Quiero aprender más español porque mi novia nuevo es de Puerto Rico, y porque esta bueno saber() a mi trabajo.
(
- estoy = 'I am'; quiero = 'I want'. You can't have two conjugated verbs in a clause.
- There's no need to move 'más' to another place.
- The noun 'novia' is feminine. The adjective you used must have a matching ending, gender-wise.
- You should use a conjugated form of 'ser' with 'bueno', in this case.
- You should append the direct object pronoun for 'it' on the infinitive
- You've used the wrong preposition. It should be 'for' (purpose), instead of 'to'.
)

Quote:
Uno razón más es porque quiero entender español mejor.
No tengo mucho práctica hablando(), pero creo () puedo escribo() y leer() ok.
por favor, correcto todos mis errores en este mensaje.

(
- It's a good idea to append a direct object pronoun on the gerundio (hablando) and each infinitive (once you correct 'escribo' to the infinitive form (because two conjugated verbs can't exist in a clause), and 'leer'.
- 'OK' is not Spanish. Use 'well', or 'well enough', instead.
- Use the imperative form of 'corregir', instead of the adjective 'correcto'.
)
Quote:
No vivo en LA ahora, vivo en Raleigh NC y me gusta (aquí).
Tengo 25 años.
()necesito tú ayuda por favor!
I'm always confused on using the past tense, and when to use "tú, yo, él, ella" as to when they are implied by the ending on the verb. Also, es/soy vs esta/estoy.
¿Así, ()cómo es me español?
¿Puedo sobrevive hablando en Puerto Rico o México?
(
- The inverted exclamation mark is just as important as the inverted question mark, and both are employed immediately prior to the exclamatory word or the interrogative, as in the case of 'cómo'.
- The word 'así' means 'thus', or 'like this/so'. To change or resume a topic, use 'entonces'.
)

In the present indicative tense, the verb ending conveys the first- and second-person with no need for clarification. In the third person, you must clarify the subject pronoun: 'él', 'ella' or 'usted'