View Single Post
Old February 02, 2010, 07:44 AM
Opal

notoman is on a distinguished road
¡Gracias por todo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmamar View Post
Estás hecho un poeta

En la poesía en español no se suele utilizar, como en la inglesa, el inicio de cada verso en mayúsculas. Por lo que yo comenzaría cada verso con minúscula (excepto cuando gramaticalmente sea necesaria la mayúscula, como al principio del poema o después de un punto).
Thank you for this! I saw that Neruda didn't capitalize every line of his poems, but I thought it was a style thing—like when e.e. cummings doesn't capitalize his name. I know *some* of the differences between capitalization rules in English and Spanish ... English, for example capitalizes all of the words in a title (except short words like for, and, of, etc.) where Spanish only capitalizes the first word (and proper nouns). It took me a long time to remember to capitalize Ud. and Uds.!

¡Sí! I meant manzanas not mañanas. My computer has an autocorrect set to English, but it knows the word mañana so it changed it.

I will change it say kiwi fruit. ¿El fruto del kiwi? I don't know if I need to make it masculine. In the Ave María, we say "el fruto de tu veintre, Jesús," but I don't know if the same structure carries over here. When I refer to it later in the poem, should I use frutito?

Again, thank you so much! It means the world to me.