Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Translation program that doesn't require internet

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo March 02, 2011, 12:30 PM
serendipity serendipity no está en línea
Ruby

serendipity is on a distinguished road
Translation program that doesn't require internet

I didn't know where to post this, so feel free to move it if necessary.

I'm currently trying to read books in Spanish that I've read in English before. I can understand more than I expected to, but I still have to look up words all the time and I have a hard time making sense out of some sentences even if I can understand all the words.
The problem is that I don't have internet at home. So I'm looking for a (free) translation program that I can use at home without internet connection.

Does anyone know where I can download this? Does it even exist? I already have Clue (dictionary), but it's not really enough.
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo March 02, 2011, 06:05 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Hello.

If you have the possibility to find the translator 7 for Windows Seven or for your system operative therefore the software is very useful for you if you need to translate severals words in your computer, there're other ways to get words, and that ways are if you can acquire a dictionary hand, they are very cheaper sometimes in the supermarket or you can use a dictionary hand.

I hope you can resolve your trouble.
Antiguo March 19, 2011, 04:49 AM
conejodescarado conejodescarado no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: Inglés – Gran Bretaña.
conejodescarado is on a distinguished road
I use the Mac (and iPhone) Dictionary from Ultralingua. I swear by it. It'll let you search for words even if your search term is a conjugated verb. It also gives you the verb conjugations.

(I'm using the Collins Pro version, not the cheaper one, which, at least for Italian, was inadequate)

http://www.ultralingua.com/

It's not a translator, but it will provide you with more than a paper dictionary. Lots of examples of how to use each word in context etc. If you're reading books, you don't want to use a translator anyway (mostly), you want to use a dictionary.

These online translators are only available online party because of the way they're implemented. They're constantly learning (at least the good ones like Google and Babelfish are) based on the inputs and people making corrections.
Antiguo March 22, 2011, 06:16 PM
serendipity serendipity no está en línea
Ruby

serendipity is on a distinguished road
Thank you both!
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación