Old May 25, 2011, 03:11 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
aleCcowaN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerstyle View Post
I'm not well enough versed in the hispanic culture to see just how bastardized that video is, but this video is much more in line with my current view of the hispanic every-day life:

Why that when the truth is here?
Hidden Text: Show/Hide
Click to show hidden text - Da click para revelar el texto oculto

Quote:
Seriously though, I hope your plans on moving works out well for you.
Yo también no quiero viva en una ciudad demasiado grande, me gusta mucho los pueblos escasos de suecia.¿Sabes donde quieres vivir en el campo mas tarde?
Not yet, but I have it circunscribed to a small area of about 120000 square kilometres.
Quote:
Pronto llegará el verano, ¿que vaís a hacer entonces? Voy a pescar ^_^
Esperar por ahora, pues acá el verano se va a tardar seis meses más.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
wrholt, thank you for the clarification.
I didn't know that rule in regular English either, so I guess I've learned something today.

"el burro adelante, para que no se espante".
Well, using the object/complement pronouns in compound subjects is fairly common in casual speech in many regions (including the town in which I grew up), along with double negatives, saying "I ain't" instead of "I am not", saying "don't" instead of "doesn't", and any number of other forms that teachers, editors, and language mavens often label as "non-standard" or "wrong". Understanding the common non-standard forms is as useful as knowing the standard forms, in my opinion, but one must also learn to judge when it is appropriate to use each type.
Old May 26, 2011, 09:22 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I noticed that you wanted corrections of your writing in the other threads you made, do let me know if I should stop

I'm sorry if you didn't want it corrected, just tell me if you want me to keep doing it, otherwise I'll stop.
You are welcome to correct me if you can find the time

Ah, ¿te duele la garganta? Lo siento.
Debe estar bueno para vivir en la playa, yo lo quiero también.

Vivo en Suecia, cerca del centro geográfico, ací que hablo Sueco y un poco de Inglés. También entiendo noruego y danés, porque son bastante similar.
He vivido en Suecia toda la vida.
Tengo 21 años, ¿y tu? ¿Te gustan algos intereses?
I have read your post again, because I had some doubts when I was reading the post and I could to read a part when you told me (Playing) on the computer, certainly not I don't accustom to play in the computer, in fact I don't like the video games and less in the computer, because it can tend be hard to use with the keyboard mostly in the games very complicates.

Yes thanks to god my throat doesn't hurt me anymore, I was tired to have sored my throat during all the month in that situation was worrying me much.

A week ago even I was taking medicine during all the days without count the eight injections that applied me in the hospital, they really hurts when they are go in body
Old May 26, 2011, 10:00 AM
Davidísimo

Native Language: American English
Tomisimo will become famous soon enoughTomisimo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hi Tomisimo.

Was it the link to the Geocaching website that was considered spam?
My apologies, I feel I need to add that the only reason I included the link was to give people reading my post a quick summary of what it was, I had no intention of promoting the website nor was it the intention of my post.

Since the website in question has no affiliation with anything that could be considered your competition, and is free to use and seemingly already quite widespread I misinterpreted the rules and thought it was okay to add the link.

Again, not to critize your decision, merely to make an attempt at justifying my thinking. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

Edit: Dangit, I noticed the rule now: New members: Do not post any link to any website until you have established yourself as an earnest member of the community. Sorry about that!
Not a problem at all. We take a hard line against spam, because we get so much of it. I'm sincerely glad you aren't a spammer.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:09 AM
Ruby

Native Language: Swedish
Jokerstyle is on a distinguished road
AleCcowaN - Almost fell of my chair laughing, thank you for that insight into hispanic culture and a chance to nostalgia over Donald Duck.

wrholt - I hear ya, It is nice to know the do's and don'ts of basic grammar even if, as you said, there are plenty of times when grammar is best left ignored in favor of getting your message across.
Still, I got the chance to quote the "el burro adelante" thing today, and I'm telling you I'm very close to becoming Grammar man; the villainous superhero, solely due to that quote.

CrOtALiTo - I'm glad you're feeling better, that must have been quite the sore throat you got there.
But I must ask, what ARE you doing on your computer all the time?
I assumed you were playing, but are you writing per chance?

Tomisimo - Thank you! I see that my signature has been activated, you wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that?
Anyway, It's great to hear that everything's alright from your side, I felt rather stupid getting ostracized in the first post and I've been afraid to post even wikipedia and grammar links since [Note to self, stop telling everyone about geocaching]

Ahora tengo que irme rapido, voy a un amigo y ya estoy demasiado tarde.
Otra vez, ¡gracias por la correcciónes! Son muy útil.
Old May 26, 2011, 01:56 PM
Sapphire

Native Language: US English
wrholt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
wrholt - I hear ya, It is nice to know the do's and don'ts of basic grammar even if, as you said, there are plenty of times when grammar is best left ignored in favor of getting your message across.
I concluded the same thing a long time ago; get my message across as best I can within the normal flow of the conversation, and don't bother trying to correct myself when I notice a grammatical mistake. Over time and with continued study I make fewer and fewer mistakes while speaking Spanish. Of course, I still make mistakes while speaking that betray me as a second-language speaker rather than a native speaker from somewhere else. I save the effort to get everything as correct as I can for when I write and I'm free to take all the time I need to edit myself.
Quote:
Still, I got the chance to quote the "el burro adelante" thing today, and I'm telling you I'm very close to becoming Grammar man; the villainous superhero, solely due to that quote.
Ooh! Ooh! Grammar Man! I'm going to steal that name!

Last edited by wrholt; May 26, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old May 26, 2011, 02:37 PM
Ruby

Native Language: Swedish
Jokerstyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ooh! Ooh! Grammar Man! I'm going to steal that name!
I can see it in front of me, you are casually conversing with a friend.

Somewhere in the distance, your ears disclose to you that something is amiss. Is that a complement pronoun used as a compound subject? Hastily you dispossess yourself of your outer clouting, for your mission is clear and the world is in dire need.

Hidden Text: Show/Hide
Click to show hidden text - Da click para revelar el texto oculto

Last edited by Jokerstyle; May 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old May 29, 2011, 04:43 AM
Ruby

emilwest is on a distinguished road
Hola Jokerstyle! Bienvenido.

Trevligt med en till svensk här. Varifrån kommer du?
Old May 29, 2011, 12:10 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilwest View Post
Hola Jokerstyle! Bienvenido.

Trevligt med en till svensk här. Varifrån kommer du?
Hello.

What is that language?
Old May 29, 2011, 01:07 PM
Emerald

Caballero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Hello.

What is that language?
Swedish, of course. You've never seen that language before?

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: