Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > The Tomísimo Lounge > General Chat
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Age Limit on Trick or Treating

Talk about anything here, just keep it clean.

Old November 01, 2010, 05:57 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by poli View Post
Maybe children should say: treat or dead race horse in the bed.
Hahaha.

I don't believe very appropriate to say that with the people, I believe that new children who are asking treating or trick should to say this.

Caite con la lana o cuello!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old November 10, 2010, 06:41 AM
Opal

chimichanga is on a distinguished road
If I'm honest, I'm not a big fan of this trick or treating business anyway. Whatever age you are.
I completely agree with those of you who mentioned that if a person doesn't want to give sweets etc. to a 16 yr old then thats their decision but I just don't really like the idea of trick or treating as it is. Especially as I live in a very quiet area with a lot of old people. Where most people will conveniently be 'out of the house' for halloween night, many old people don't have that option and can feel quite hounded and intimidated in their own home.
I'm all for Halloween as a holiday and celebrate it myself when I can but I just don't agree with Trick or Treating. Thats just my opinion...
Old November 11, 2010, 09:06 AM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
sometimes you can't just look at a person and say they are 16. what if they are actually younger, but look tall for their age?
Old November 11, 2010, 12:50 PM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Dale is on a distinguished road
Maybe all trick-or-treaters should be made to wear signs. You know, like (I am 13) or (I am 15) or (I am 29).. then the home owner can decide to treat or not. This way there would be no age related errors.
Old November 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Maybe all trick-or-treaters should be made to wear signs. You know, like (I am 13) or (I am 15) or (I am 29).. then the home owner can decide to treat or not. This way there would be no age related errors.
Yes I'm agree quite with you , I believe wear trick or treating are more focus to the new life of the children, because at least here in my country al most not it is used for the children, it's exclusive from U.S.A, well it refer to the age for if you can or not can't ask candies in the street in that dates, then I believe the people should to have the consideration if they are apt for continue asking candies like to a kid.

I don't know that is my own point.
Old November 17, 2010, 04:37 PM

Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Quote:
but if a 16 year old that dresses up comes to someone's house and says Trick or Treat and the owner thinks the 16 year old is too old to trick or treat, it would be EXTREMELY rude for that owner to just say "Sorry, you're too old to trick or treat" and close the door

You are NEVER too old for candy. We teens have the right to Trick or Treat
Old November 18, 2010, 02:37 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
and we olders have the right not to trick or treat.

It's like giving money to the poor people. You do it because you think it's good/necesary.
If you're not in the mood, you give nothing....
¿It's also for you EXTREMELY rude not to give money to a beggar? And I'm sure they need more the money than a child a few candies....

You write as "trick or treat" where a constitutional right.........

Quote:
You are NEVER too old for candy. We teens have the right to Trick or Treat
Ok, then you're a teen FOREVER??? You should stop asking for candies when you feel it. But you should not think other's houses are free candies stores.
¿what will you think if everybody with 18 year in your city go to your house asking for candies?

saludos

Last edited by sosia; November 18, 2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old November 18, 2010, 06:57 AM
Ruby

Native Language: English
Dale is on a distinguished road
@ Jessica said: "You are NEVER too old for candy. We teens have the right to Trick or Treat" I didn't know that it was a persons right to do this...is this like a God given right or is it just another of mans laws? That changes everything for me. I used to think it was just a fun thing to do for little kids...now I know better.

@ Sosia said: "¿what will you think if everybody with 18 year in your city go to your house asking for candies? Well, around here if an 18 year old shows up asking for treats, you give it to them cause they probable are packing a gun...
Old November 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
Diamond

Quote:
@ Jessica said: "You are NEVER too old for candy. We teens have the right to Trick or Treat" I didn't know that it was a persons right to do this...is this like a God given right or is it just another of mans laws? That changes everything for me. I used to think it was just a fun thing to do for little kids...now I know better.

@ Sosia said: "¿what will you think if everybody with 18 year in your city go to your house asking for candies? Well, around here if an 18 year old shows up asking for treats, you give it to them cause they probable are packing a gun...
In my thinking, I consider that Jessica is right, because I believe never will exit the age for you do something funny or something happy in your whole life in addition of you can recover the old times just not and it doesn't later.
Old November 19, 2010, 03:02 AM
Ankh-Morpork's citizen

Native Language: Spanish (Spain)
sosia has a spectacular aura aboutsosia has a spectacular aura about
For me it's more a "magic/emotion" feeling, like little Kids with Santa...
If you're a kid and other people give you candies, you're touched, and you think Halloween it's a wonderful event.
But if you go to a house and you think they SHOULD give you candies, that's not a feeling, it's a demand.
Age limit it's not a problem. I would gladly give candys to a 20-years-old if he is with children or he has true halloween spirit, like the people singing Christmas carols in the street. But I'm not a free candy store for demanding teenagers....

best regards
PD: Dale, maybe you're right. I should smile more to the 18-years-old

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: