#1  
Old March 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
MS.ASHLEY MS.ASHLEY is offline
Opal
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
MS.ASHLEY is on a distinguished road
Hey...

HELLO...MY NAME IS ASHLEY. I'M FROM THE BIG OK...HAHAHA..NOT BIG
BUT I'M FROM THE OK....I JUS FOUND THIS SITE CUZ I HAD A FEW PREGUNTAS
I DON'T KNOW SPANISH THAT WELL BUT MY BOYFRIEND IS MEXICAN
SO U KNOW HE ALWAYS SPEAKIN SPANISH TO OTHA PPL WHEN I'M ROUND.
I THINK ITS DISRESPECTFUL THAT HE DOES THAT BUT HE DOES. WELL
HE GOT THIS TXT MESSSAGE THAT SAYS:

QUE ESTUPIDA SOY. QUIDATE CON ELLA. ESTOY ENTRE NOSOTRO. YA TERMINO.

i WAS JUS WONDERIN IF ANYONE COULD TELL WHAT IT MEANS....

O YEA AND THIS ONE: ELLA LO PUSO
Reply With Quote
   
Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
  #2  
Old March 11, 2009, 02:54 PM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is offline
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,337
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Welcome, Ashley!

The messages don't make a lot of sense in places without more context.

The first sentence says What an idiot I am. (female talking)
The second says either Be careful with her or Take care of yourself with her.
The next sentence says I am between us, which doesn't make sense.
The last sentence could have a couple of different translations. It says I'm done now or it says that someone else is finished or done. Without proper diacritics, and more context, I can't be sure.

The very last phrase could be a number of things. More context is definitely needed.
At face value, it says she put it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
poli's Avatar
poli poli is offline
rule 1: gravity
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In and around New York
Posts: 7,827
Native Language: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
I know she wrote quidate con ella, but she meant quédate con ella.
__________________
Me ayuda si corrige mis errores. Gracias.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 11, 2009, 03:41 PM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is offline
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,337
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Good point. The word is misspelled any way you look at it.
Poli's way means stay with her (keep a hold of her).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 11, 2009, 04:32 PM
Jessica's Avatar
Jessica Jessica is offline
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,187
Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Welcome, Ashley!

The messages don't make a lot of sense in places without more context.

The first sentence says What an idiot (can this mean "stupid" also?) I am. (female talking) <<< what do you mean by "female" talking? Only females talk this way???
The second says either Be careful with her or Take care of yourself with her.
The next sentence says I am between us, which doesn't make sense.
The last sentence could have a couple of different translations. It says I'm done now or it says that someone else is finished or done. Without proper diacritics, and more context, I can't be sure.

The very last phrase could be a number of things. More context is definitely needed.
At face value, it says she put it.

Questions above.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 11, 2009, 04:58 PM
Rusty's Avatar
Rusty Rusty is offline
Señor Speedy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,337
Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Estúpido is usually much stronger than stupid, but dictionaries allow both translations.
As to your other question, the adjective ending has to agree with the subject. Since estúpida was written, we know that a female was speaking.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 11, 2009, 05:03 PM
CrOtALiTo's Avatar
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 11,686
Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS.ASHLEY View Post
HELLO...MY NAME IS ASHLEY. I'M FROM THE BIG OK...HAHAHA..NOT BIG
BUT I'M FROM THE OK....I JUS FOUND THIS SITE CUZ I HAD A FEW PREGUNTAS
I DON'T KNOW SPANISH THAT WELL BUT MY BOYFRIEND IS MEXICAN
SO U KNOW HE ALWAYS SPEAKIN SPANISH TO OTHA PPL WHEN I'M ROUND.
I THINK ITS DISRESPECTFUL THAT HE DOES THAT BUT HE DOES. WELL
HE GOT THIS TXT MESSSAGE THAT SAYS:

QUE ESTUPIDA SOY. QUIDATE CON ELLA. ESTOY ENTRE NOSOTRO. YA TERMINO.

i WAS JUS WONDERIN IF ANYONE COULD TELL WHAT IT MEANS....

O YEA AND THIS ONE: ELLA LO PUSO

Firstly I bid you welcome man.

I can see your way to speak is very colloquial.

You are referring about the feeling of your girlfriend.

I don't know if this you will like to listen. But you are asking us.

Then I will correct your text first and later I will try to translate the text of Spanish to English or vice-versa.


QUE ESTUPIDA SOY. QUEDATE CON ELLA. ESTOY ENTRE NOSOTRO. YA TERMINO.

Please you check to details in the text.

Que estupida soy. Quedate con ella. lo nuestro termino.

My attempt in the translation about it.

What stupid I'm. You keep with her. The our have finished.
__________________
We are building the most important dare for my life and my family feature now we are installing new services in telecoms.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 11, 2009, 06:29 PM
Jessica's Avatar
Jessica Jessica is offline
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,187
Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Estúpido is usually much stronger than stupid, but dictionaries allow both translations.
As to your other question, the adjective ending has to agree with the subject. Since estúpida was written, we know that a female was speaking.
oh geez I didn't notice that

Last edited by Jessica; March 11, 2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: quote edit :P
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 11, 2009, 07:14 PM
Jessica's Avatar
Jessica Jessica is offline
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,187
Native Language: English, Chinese
Jessica is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrOtALiTo View Post
Firstly I bid you welcome man.

I can see your way to speak is very colloquial.

You are referring about the feeling of your girlfriend.

I don't know if this you will like to listen. But you are asking us.

Then I will correct your text first and later I will try to translate the text of Spanish to English or vice-versa.


QUE ESTUPIDA SOY. QUEDATE CON ELLA. ESTOY ENTRE NOSOTRO. YA TERMINO.

Please you check to details in the text.

Que estupida soy. Quedate con ella. lo nuestro termino.

My attempt in the translation about it.

What stupid I'm. You keep with her. The our have finished.

Crotalito, it's a girl and it's about her boyfriend's text message
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 11, 2009, 07:47 PM
CrOtALiTo's Avatar
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo is offline
Diamond
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mérida, Yucatán
Posts: 11,686
Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Well. I did a mistake. But you only change the gender in the text. Because merely it's the same for both gender.

Forgive me.
__________________
We are building the most important dare for my life and my family feature now we are installing new services in telecoms.
Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Site Rules

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey samuel123 Introductions 10 November 03, 2008 10:31 PM
Hey everybody! aithne20 Suggestions & Feedback 38 September 22, 2008 04:43 PM
Hey there. tomtorrez Introductions 8 August 17, 2008 07:16 PM
hey there! - Groundhog sylviagzz Vocabulary 2 February 26, 2008 03:10 PM
Hey Everyone zules Introductions 4 March 21, 2007 10:56 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 AM.

Forum powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

X