Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

How to Think in Spanish

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo May 21, 2010, 02:17 PM
chileno chileno no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por teepee Ver Mensaje
Learning to think in Spanish takes time. For me, it’s not wrong to think about how you think in your first language, it just becomes easier as time goes by, It also helps to be living fully immersed in the language-learning environment.
Exactly. You are not a baby who needs to start expressing him/herself.

At to your last statement, which is true, is not as valid as some years ago, since we have the Internet available to two of our senses, and if applied correctly, you don't even need to go out of your home to learn another language.

Of course, nothing beats "being there" ...

Última edición por chileno fecha: May 21, 2010 a las 09:52 PM Razón: or it is bits/bytes? :->
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo May 21, 2010, 03:09 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por chileno Ver Mensaje
Exactly. You are not a baby who needs to start expressing him/herself.

At to your last statement, which is true, is not as valid as some years ago, since we have the Internet available to two of our senses, and if applied correctly, you don't even need to go out of your home to learn another language.

Of course, nothing beast "being there" ...
Chileno he's not a baby just he's a great learning.
Antiguo May 21, 2010, 04:22 PM
Diamond

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por CrOtALiTo Ver Mensaje
Chileno he's not a baby just he's a great learning.
Right.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo May 21, 2010, 05:38 PM
laepelba laepelba no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: American English (Northeastern US)
laepelba is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Of course, nothing beast "being there" ...
Yeah, that Chileno. He's a beast.
Antiguo May 21, 2010, 09:52 PM
Diamond

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por laepelba Ver Mensaje
Yeah, that Chileno. He's a beast.
No, I am the beast.

Thank you for pointing that out. I am correcting that reply.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 03, 2010, 06:33 PM
CrOtALiTo CrOtALiTo no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Ultimately I have tried the computer method where I can search all words in the on line dictionary and I can recognize the words immediately I can remember them.

Almost all the days, I write in a notes block the words that I don't recognize immediately, then I write them and when I want to use them, I get them directly of the note block.

Really it works for me and always it has worked for me.
Antiguo September 03, 2010, 11:38 PM
Chris Chris no está en línea
Pearl

Primera Lengua: American English
Chris is on a distinguished road
@CrOtALiTo: Notebook or spiral notebook. Pad of paper or notepad can be used. Just like the Windows operating system has a writing program called Notepad.

I think that using an image to associate the word is the best thing. Sometimes it's difficult to retain the word without it. There are websites that have flash cards that are really helpful. They show a picture of a key and the word llave. It helps you set the word in your mind without thinking "key" and you start thinking llave instead. I have an Android powered phone and there is a program on it called StudyDroid. It is a flashcard application. You can build your own cards and even add images. Usually the words that I don't understand and go look up I have to look up again later because I haven't made that connection in my brain I guess.

TV and movies help a lot. When I first started listening to Spanish it sounded like gibberish. Now I don't understand a lot of words but it doesn't sound like gibberish and I can pick out a few words that I do recognize.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 04, 2010, 01:50 AM
Feliz Feliz no está en línea
Ruby

Feliz is on a distinguished road
How to Think in Spanish

Interesting topic and good ideas here. I found it useful. I use the "pause" and "re-wind" buttons a lot on my computer to watch Spanish movies in my DVD player. The ones with sub-titles reinforce my learning even a step further. For instance a woman is getting up from the table and she says: "Con permiso." I ask myself: "Did I hear right?" Then, I look at the sub-title and it verifies if I heard right or not. That's when I press the "pause button."--to take the time to think about it. The sub-title reads: "Excuse me." Every time this happens in a move I have to laugh because I know that my brain has captured another one. Knowing when to use the right "excuse me" was troublesome until I heard it many times in the movies in many different situations. I especially like the: "Perdoname." because I haven't seen it in print yet. I can still see the guy walking away from that group of people on the dance floor whom he has just met while saying: "Perdoname." I just wish all of Spanish could be learned this way. Please correct my Spanish, what little there is in this post. I also am learning how to post properly and hope that I get it right this time.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 04, 2010, 06:46 AM
Diamond

Cita:
Escrito originalmente por Feliz Ver Mensaje
Interesting topic and good ideas here. I found it useful. I use the "pause" and "re-wind" buttons a lot on my computer to watch Spanish movies in my DVD player. The ones with sub-titles reinforce my learning even a step further. For instance a woman is getting up from the table and she says: "Con permiso." I ask myself: "Did I hear right?" Then, I look at the sub-title and it verifies if I heard right or not. That's when I press the "pause button."--to take the time to think about it. The sub-title reads: "Excuse me." Every time this happens in a move I have to laugh because I know that my brain has captured another one. Knowing when to use the right "excuse me" was troublesome until I heard it many times in the movies in many different situations. I especially like the: "Perdoname." because I haven't seen it in print yet. I can still see the guy walking away from that group of people on the dance floor whom he has just met while saying: "Perdoname." I just wish all of Spanish could be learned this way. Please correct my Spanish, what little there is in this post. I also am learning how to post properly and hope that I get it right this time.
That's why a recommend reading a lot and also watching movies without subtitling.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo September 04, 2010, 09:05 PM
Feliz Feliz no está en línea
Ruby

Feliz is on a distinguished road
How to Think in Spanish

Cita:
That's why a recommend reading a lot and also watching movies without subtitling.
I read Spanish novels beyond my expertise and it is helping. I get up the nerve once in a while to watch a movie without sub-titles, as well. At the end of watching those movies without sub-titles, though, I feel that I should have understood more. I suppose that is normal to feel that way when learning. Watching movies without sub-titles is probably similar to reading beyond one's level of expertise. Maybe I should look at it like that. Hmm. I'll try that attitude for a while and see what happens.
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación