Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > Los idiomas inglés y español > El vocabulario
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Unusual translation

Pregunta sobre la definición o traducción de palabras en inglés o español.

Herramientas Desplegado
Prev Mensaje Previo   Próximo Mensaje Next
Antiguo August 14, 2014, 07:13 PM
chileno chileno no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Cita:
I am currently learning Spanish and in an attempt to do so I have being going on to spanish newspaper websites and trying to translate some of their headlines and articles ect..ect. Then I came across this unusual sentence that I just cannot get my head around. I'm far from fluent in spanish and I really hope that my translating app has not failed me, but the spanish sentence was (or part of a sentence, should I say)
"Se está realizando de manera" which means "is doing so"
Now, i am aware that combinations of different words can manipulate sentences but it really baffled me.
On my translater:
se=is
Está=is it
Realizando=performing
De=of (i know de means a lot more than that as well but it doesn't change much)
Manera=way

How can "is, it is, performing, of and way" all come together to make the sentence "is doing so"?

All those words in a sentence just does not make sense, can someone help please?
Because the translation is not "is doing so" but "... is being carried out in a/such way..."

Although you have the correct approach to translate from Spanish to English. Please don't translate articles. They are too short. Translate a 400-600 pages novel. Pretty soon context will play a key role on understanding the novel fully.

By the time you finish that amount of pages you will not have much problems in understanding Spanish. Now if you write in Spanish first what you are going to translate to English, you will have the added benefit that upon ending that amount of pages (with a story line ie:novel) you will also write in Spanish and not know why the phrase/sentence is written that way, but you know it is correct. You will be right most of the time you compose something in Spanish.

That's the practice everybody should be getting!

Etiquetas
confused

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación