Hacer Pregunta

Crear un tema
Retroceder   Foros para el aprendizaje de inglés y español > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje > La enseñanza y el aprendizaje
Registrarse Ayuda Comunidad Calendario Temas de Hoy Buscar PenpalsTraductor

Good Method to improve listening comprehension?

Metodología didáctica, técnicas para aprender, la lingüística-- todo cosa relacionada con el aprendizaje y enseñanza de un idioma extranjero.

Respuesta

Herramientas Desplegado
Antiguo February 22, 2012, 10:27 PM
johngxx johngxx no está en línea
Opal

johngxx is on a distinguished road
Good Method to improve listening comprehension?

Hey, I am a Spanish learner from Finland and I would like to know if somebody know a good method to improve listening comprehesion, I have the problem that I found either very advanced podcast or very simple ones and not many guide you on how to listen, I tried the most common ones when I type SPanish podcasts or audios at Google but after trying I've found that they don't help me out to overcome my struggle listening movies or native speakers. Thanks in advance folks.
Responder Con Cita

Quita esta publicidad al registrarte con una cuenta gratuita en Tomísimo.
Antiguo February 23, 2012, 06:47 AM
chileno chileno no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por johngxx Ver Mensaje
Hey, I am a Spanish learner from Finland and I would like to know if somebody know a good method to improve listening comprehesion, I have the problem that I found either very advanced podcast or very simple ones and not many guide you on how to listen, I tried the most common ones when I type SPanish podcasts or audios at Google but after trying I've found that they don't help me out to overcome my struggle listening movies or native speakers. Thanks in advance folks.
How long have you been actively trying to hone your listening skills?

That's important too.
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo February 23, 2012, 08:03 AM
johngxx johngxx no está en línea
Opal

johngxx is on a distinguished road
About 2 years...
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo February 23, 2012, 10:36 AM
poli poli no está en línea
rule 1: gravity

Primera Lengua: English
poli will become famous soon enoughpoli will become famous soon enough
If you can't find a native Spanish speaker to converse with you in Spanish, listen to songs in Spanish and try to find the lyrics in Spanish which are often available on line. Unfortunately contemporary pop music is not usually a good choice. Find ballads in Spanish known a boleros (with singers like Olga Guillot). If you stick to it, you will definitely improve you listening, and not to mention, speaking skills.
Antiguo February 23, 2012, 11:21 AM
AngelicaDeAlquezar AngelicaDeAlquezar no está en línea
Obsidiana

Primera Lengua: Mexican Spanish
AngelicaDeAlquezar is on a distinguished road
I agree that some music may not be the best idea... however, you can try listening to podcasts (or movies or news or TV programs) on topics you already know about, so you can follow what is being said. Improving your vocabulary will help you understand much more.

And perhaps you'll also find useful some posts in this other thread.
Antiguo February 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
chileno chileno no está en línea
Diamond

Primera Lengua: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Cita:
Escrito originalmente por johngxx Ver Mensaje
About 2 years...
OK.

So I guess you understand much if not all that is written and you know how to write what you understand.

Right?
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo May 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
kokopellime kokopellime no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: Ingles
kokopellime is on a distinguished road
Check out Senor Wooly's site for a great combination of musical videos, audio files and lyrics. Sr. Wooly (Mr. James Woooldrige) is a public school Spanish teacher who created these resources for his students and subsequently has shared them with the wider public. They are fun and lighthearted and make listening to them over and over enjoyable. I'm finding that my listening skills are improving as well as my grammar and vocabulary.

The site is http://www.senorwooly.com/

His cornerstone song is Billy La Bufanda (http://www.senorwooly.com/song.php?cancion=billy) but one I truly enjoy is ¿Puedo ir al baño? (http://www.senorwooly.com/song.php?c...edo_ir_al_bano)
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo August 05, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cavera Cavera no está en línea
Opal

Cavera is on a distinguished road
I don´t think listening to music is a good way to improve a language.
Me gusta mucho los podcasts principalmente porque puedes hacer otras cosas en mismo tiempo.
En esto momento también estoy tentando ver películas con close caption, pero solo consigo entender bien películas para niños (Shrek, The Incredibles, this kind of stuff).
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo October 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
barcafc barcafc no está en línea
Opal

barcafc is on a distinguished road
I use... youtube. A LOT. there many good Spanish language channels. An hour or so of research will let you choose a few youtube channels that will work for you and it's all gratis! If you want it more organized and focused there are good computer-based courses. Rosetta stone by all means if you can afford it.
<snip>
Occasionally I also like to go to the Latino part of the city, go to cafes, stores and restaurant and sort of eavesdrop, basically trying to discern what people are talking about. ¡Buena suerte

Última edición por AngelicaDeAlquezar fecha: October 31, 2012 a las 08:48 AM Razón: Removed links
Responder Con Cita
Antiguo October 31, 2012, 04:42 AM
magicrob magicrob no está en línea
Opal

Primera Lengua: English
magicrob is on a distinguished road
I'd suggest tv with subtitles. The advantage of tv over pure audio is that you can get a lot from the context and visual aspect of what's going on, so you don't necessarily need to understand as much as you would a podcast, for example. Use subtitles so you can pick out words in phrases - usually problems with listening are to do with not understanding connected words and phrases, rather than problems with vocabulary.

Make an investment from amazon es (recently opened), and watch some series you already enjoy, in Spanish, with subtitles on. Helped me hugely!
Responder Con Cita
Respuesta

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: 

Normas de Publicación