Old January 07, 2012, 11:05 PM
Opal

Wessik is on a distinguished road
Buenas Noches

Buenas noches, compadres(El tiempo aqui es once horas...). Te preséntame: Me llamo Wessik. No hablo o entiendo La español bien, pero ya voy a cambiarle.

Pues...Me gusta la poéticas...y ustedes? Ustedes se gusta?

Por favor, perdóname la español mio. Es muy malo...

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old January 07, 2012, 11:47 PM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessik View Post
Buenas noches, compadres(El tiempo aqui es once horas...). Te preséntame: Me llamo Wessik. No hablo o entiendo La español bien, pero ya voy a cambiarle.

Hola Wessik:

Even though the people here don't like my method, you will benefit a lot more if you try to transcribe Spanish to Spanish and then translate to English.

This is because by transcribing Spanish to Spanish you will get to write coherent Spanish, ideally from a novel of your liking and if you have read that novel in English already, even better, you will get the habit of writing Spanish and its expressions etc. Then, when you translate to English, assuming it is your native language, you will understand what's being said. If the English comes "weird" you will notice it and correct it seeing the difference of usage from English vs Spanish. In a little time you will be writing spanish like a pro, without looking nor thinking too much about your writing and spelling.

Along with this, you can start reading aloud in Spanish, and you can count on the fact that you will be ver fluent.

Yes, you will make mistakes, but making them and having to correct those errors will make you understand better the language.

Do you know English grammar?

No? Then do not worry, because you can read, write and express yourself in English at your own level. You can do the same in Spanish, by doing what I just outlined.

Yes? Even better, that will speed up your "acquiring" of the Spanish language at your level.

Old January 08, 2012, 12:04 AM
Opal

Wessik is on a distinguished road
I like your idea. Chileno... how do I transcribe "spanish to spanish though? Do you mean, "Write the spanish out?"

Just a little confused, is all.
Old January 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Yes, he means find a novel written in Spanish and write it out. This way you get a good sense of what words look like and how they may actually correlate.
Then, translate what you've written to English. (The novel may be one you have already read in English. It should be something that interests you, at the least.)

Welcome to the forums! If you want the Spanish you posted above (and elsewhere in the forums) to be corrected, just ask.
Old January 08, 2012, 11:04 AM
Diamond

Native Language: Castellano
chileno is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Yes, he means find a novel written in Spanish and write it out. This way you get a good sense of what words look like and how they may actually correlate.
Then, translate what you've written to English. (The novel may be one you have already read in English. It should be something that interests you, at the least.)

Welcome to the forums! If you want the Spanish you posted above (and elsewhere in the forums) to be corrected, just ask.
Thank Rusty, exactly it!

I work with refugee from Bhutan, Nepal, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq etc.

Most don't know much if any English. So I tell them that it isn't hard as long as they know how to read, write and express themselves in their native language, all this through their translators. They laugh and look at me kind of weird, so I always ask one of them to write his or her name in their native language, then I I proceed to copy it underneath where they wrote theirs.

Result? Laughs and joy and that look in their eyes not believing I don't know anything of their language. I love that moment!
Old January 11, 2012, 12:25 AM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessik View Post

Hello Wessik, I'm George from Mexico and well just I want to make more friends here around, and I hope you can be one.

Have a good day and learning too.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: