Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Translations
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Need your feedback

If you need help translating a sentence or longer piece of text, use this forum. For translations or definitions of a single word or idiom, use the vocabulary forum.

Old June 03, 2015, 07:23 AM
Opal

SpanishKlim is on a distinguished road
Need your feedback

I found this text in one of the topics in this forum and decided to try translating it into English. Would like to know what you think about it.

“Póngome en lo peor. No te colocan, pobre Ramón; verás cómo ahora también se burlan de ti. Pero aunque estoy convencido de que no consigo nada, convencidísimo, aunque sé que mis enemigos no se apiadarán de mí, pondré en juego todas las influencias y haré que hasta el lucero del alba le hable al Ministro. Por supuesto, Ramón, todo inútil. Verás cómo no te hacen maldito caso; tú lo has de ver. Yo estoy tan convencido de ello, como de que ahora es de noche. Y bien puedes desechar hasta el último vislumbre de credulidad. Nada de melindres de esperanza; nada de si será o no será; nada de debilidades optimistas. No lo catas, no lo catas, aunque revientes”.

"I imagine the worst. No te colocan, poor Ramón, you will see how they also make fun of you right now. But I'm sure I'm not getting anything, absolutely sure. Even though I know that my enemies will take no pity on me, I will put to play all my influences and will do so until the Morning Star speaks with the Minister. Of course, Ramón, it's useless. You will see how they don't give a damn about you, you have to see it. I'm as sure of that as of that it's night right now. And you better get rid of the last glimpses of credulity. No sweet hope, no to be or not to be, no weaknesses of optimism. You don't taste it, you don't taste it, even though you are bursting to."

Does "no te colocan" mean something like "they won't invest in you" or "they won't give you the place" (as in appointing to some position somewhere)?

Your criticism is welcome! Feel comfortable picking on the smallest details, please.

Thanks in advance.

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: