Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Grammar
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Help learning to write?

This is the place for questions about conjugations, verb tenses, adverbs, adjectives, word order, syntax and other grammar questions for English or Spanish.

Old September 25, 2015, 10:06 PM
Opal

lacierm is on a distinguished road
Help learning to write?

I am an in fast-paced class where most everyone knows more Spanish than I do. I am quick on learning vocabulary, but I struggle with

stem change
irregular verbs
where to put accent marks
tense

I struggle with all these things while I'm trying to write and can't decide if I should use a DO, IO or both and I am always having to look up words and it utterly ruins my concentration! I feel I can't write a coherent paragraph.

I also struggle with listening as I only understand some of the words and I can't work out the meaning of the story from only a few phrases.

I do not particularly care to hear "practice" or whatever unless it is a specific exercise that is recommended. I already practice a lot!

Would anyone be willing to look over my sentences? or help me out in another way like skype or something?

Thanks, Lacie

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old September 28, 2015, 01:28 PM
Opal

MWoll is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't have good enough grammar to help, sorry.

I think it also just takes boldly making mistakes, and learning through repetition.

My advice would be to write without making corrections, then going back over it to check for things like DO/IO...
Old September 29, 2015, 03:54 PM
Emerald

Native Language: English
Glen is on a distinguished road
Welcome lacierm! I can answer your question in just two words: read more. All the things you mention will fall into place little by little as you read original works - not translations - in Spanish. I'm currently going through Jorge Ramos' La Otra Cara de América and underlining words, phrases etc. that pique my interest to investigate later. Good Luck & stay with it! We're here to help.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: