Ask a Question

(Create a thread)
Go Back   Spanish language learning forums > Spanish & English Languages > Practice & Homework
Register Help/FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search PenpalsTranslator

Arenal National Park, homework assignment

Practice Spanish or English here. All replies to a thread should be in the same language as the first post.

Old October 15, 2009, 08:02 PM
Opal

notoman is on a distinguished road
I am having the hardest time with the time words! I tried Googling examples and looked in a couple of differnt Spanish textbooks with no luck. I think that part of the problem is that I am trying to write it palabra por palabra. Yes, I am trying to say that it opens at nine and closes at four. Abre a las nueve de la mañana y cierra a las cuatro de la tarde.

Yes. I need to work more on the zip line reference. Which would be better?

de un lado a otro
sobre de los árboles
acabado de los árboles

I meant to say lancha. I should list the different types of boats—rafts, kayaks, motor boats, fishing boats—to expand that concept.

Thank you!!

Get rid of these ads by registering for a free Tomísimo account.
Old October 15, 2009, 09:00 PM
Señor Speedy

Native Language: American English
Rusty has a spectacular aura aboutRusty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoman View Post
... I am trying to say that it opens at nine and closes at four. Abre a las nueve de la mañana y cierra a las cuatro de la tarde. Perfect! Also, está abierto desde las nueve de la mañana hasta las cuatro de la tarde. And you can use de ... a ... instead of desde ... hasta ... .

I need to work more on the zip line reference. Which would be better?

de un lado a otro
sobre de los árboles
acabado de los árboles
Es un cable suspendido, ¿no? ¿Suspendido sobre que cosa? Sobre las copas de los árboles. Así que, puedes decir que "se puede volar/trasladar sobre los árboles de un lado a otro por medio de un cable suspendido". ¿Qué te parece?

Last edited by Rusty; October 15, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old October 16, 2009, 02:17 PM
Diamond

Native Language: I can understand Spanish and English
CrOtALiTo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoman View Post
You are right. Powerpoint is the software from Microsoft. For the assignment, the students make a presentation in Powerpoint. The presentation is projected for the whole class to see. Each slide (projection on screen--this is a difficult word in English because the more common meaning is the thing for children to play on) has pictures and a sentence or two on it. I want to check my grammar before my mistakes are projected in front of the class. It is common in my area for students to do homework with Powerpoint. I don't know how common it is in other places.

I'm grateful with you for the explanation about my question.

Now I answer you question, yes it's exactly the same and most common here in my country, because when you have do a presentation in any software in your case powerpoint, then you should to check it before to presenting with the public so, you will can give a great class about your project and the pupils project too, so here it extensively used in the office I believe that everyone use thus software to do works in the computer.
Old October 18, 2009, 04:48 PM
Diamond

Native Language: English
Elaina will become famous soon enough
It seems everyone corrected the majority of your presentation except the opening sentence....

Esta parque está en el centro de Costa Rica,

should be..........

Este parque está...
Old October 19, 2009, 07:52 AM
Opal

notoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaina View Post
It seems everyone corrected the majority of your presentation except the opening sentence....

Esta parque está en el centro de Costa Rica,

should be..........

Este parque está...
I knew that wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I changed it to "Parque Nacional Volcán Arenal" in my presentation.

Thank you all SO much for your help! Working through the corrections saved me a lot of embarrassment in front of my classmates. I learned a lot as well and I have a feeling that those lessons are going to stick with me.

Link to this thread
URL: 
HTML Link: 
BB Code: